Talk

Advanced search

feeling depressed but strangely motivated

(8 Posts)
auntydoris Sat 25-Oct-08 01:02:20

Just had a conversation with DH whereby he admitted that my extra weight (still have about a stone to lose, dd is 13 months) is a turn off. I am wishing he'd put it better (ie not related it to the bedroom etc) and am depressed as I thought he wasn't superficial like that. I actually thought he'd fancy me even if I am a bit overweight and to be honest when friends told me their DH had criticised their weight I thought their menfolk were total shits. But now I am feeling like I never want to eat again (I will, don't worry) - so I think maybe it will work as a motivating factor for me. Does this make sense to anyone? Am feeling a bit rubbish.

Tortington Sat 25-Oct-08 01:05:20

your dh is a shit. you really have to come out all guns blazing and don't give 'em and inch tell him if he doesn't like you there are plenty other fish in the sea dn he can get fucked.

am sure you will put it nicely than i, but the premis is the same.

get dolled up - put yer tit top on and go out - men will look - of course you will want no part in it - but dont let him think he is gdoing YOU any favours.

?is he perfect

SecondComing Sat 25-Oct-08 01:09:40

Wot Custy sed.
Don't let him make you feel down about this. Is he physically the guy you first met?

auntydoris Sat 25-Oct-08 01:11:53

thanks for reply. No he has admitted he is overweight too, and needs to quit smoking and drinking too much. Ultimately though I would feel happier if I lost the weight too - I was overweight a few years ago (more than I am now) and I felt crap. So he is right, even though I absolutely think it is shit that he told me in this context. I suppose I don't feel that great at the moment myself, and it shows, tit top or not!?

auntydoris Sat 25-Oct-08 01:14:35

Do you mean first relationship? No, I had a couple of serious ones before him and a few non serious ones. Maybe if I can use the crap feeling as a motivating factor I will win in the end, if you see what I mean. He felt pretty shit about saying what he said - and I know that he loves me. Basically he said he just fancied me more when I was slimmer. Which is still pants but there we go.

Tyme Sat 25-Oct-08 10:42:47

Did he actually say it was a turn off?
Sometimes we can read things into a comment when it wasn't meant like that.

I know dh would fancy me more if I was slimmer ie the size I was when we met, got married etc but I know he still fancies me and loves me.
Some of the comments he's made about me losing weight have really upset me when in reality, he has only commented when I've bought it up and he thought he was trying to encourage me.

Anyway, lose the weight because YOU want to. Join us on the 'Lose a stone by Xmas' thread smile

auntydoris Mon 27-Oct-08 10:09:51

Yes thanks Tyme, I will!

MrsMattie Mon 27-Oct-08 10:11:18

I have a huge problem with men who say this in the spirit of 'just being honest with you'.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now