Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Any binge eaters out there?

(10 Posts)
glitterkitty Tue 21-Oct-08 21:05:34

I'm not talking bulimic, just start eating and cant stop!

For me its carbs, of an evening, if I'm on my own.

Just wondered if anyone else does this, I'd really like to stop! Anyone who has beaten it- how?

Kaplumbagadort Tue 21-Oct-08 21:09:40

Yes i do. sad
So far tonight(since about 7pm) i have had 2 pkts of crisps, 2 lollypops, 2 digestive biscuits and a fairy cake.

Was tempted to get more crisps but not going too.

Also this is a very bad thing for me to do because i have gall stones and eating fatty foods can cause an attack.

I just don't seem to be able to stop. sad Evenings are definatly the worst time for me. Once DC are in bed and i am alone.

glitterkitty Tue 21-Oct-08 21:27:22

Hi Ka- glad I'm not the only one! But sorry to hear you do it too- stupid isnt it?

I have had large pk of chipstick crisps and also large bag of sweet popcorn, plus 2 smoothie lollies.

I'd carry on but instead Im going to FORCE myself to go to bed- actually sitting in front of the comp is my worst time, I can click the mouse with one hand and shovel crisps with the other!

Sorry to hear about the gall stones, isnt it awful that even with something like that (or like me with 3st to lose) its so hard not to do it?!

sad

cheekysealion Tue 21-Oct-08 21:30:36

i am the same

cant wait for kids to go to bed so i can eat- how bad is that

love toast, crossants, cheese, biscuits, pizza, crisps...

and i eat for no reason because i am def not hungry

I have about 3 stone to lose and never will unless i tackle this problem

cheerycherry Tue 21-Oct-08 21:33:24

Yep, i eat like an angel around the kids, then woosh...eat all cupboard contents when they r in bed, crisps, bics, choc, the lot. Wish my mouth had a zip that locked up after tea time!

glitterkitty Tue 21-Oct-08 21:34:45

Ohhhh cheeky you like the same stuff as me, toast and marmite I swear I could go through a whole loaf. Actually white bread often triggers me into binging but I find it really hard to resist...

Sometimes I have ordered a large pizza and eaten it all. And then hidden the box like a nutter in case dp finds it (he works some nights and thats when I do my worst binging) blush

glitterkitty Tue 21-Oct-08 21:35:45

lmao cheery that made me lol! grin

Kaplumbagadort Tue 21-Oct-08 21:36:12

I feel really stupid to keep eating when i'm not hungry.
I lost about a stone after a bad attack in August. Hardly ate for about 2 weeks through fear of the pain BUT once i started to pick foods a bit more without pain, i have gradually got worse again. Don't want to put the weight back on either.

I am worse if there is a any chocolate in the house. I have swapped many foods for lower fat options like some tesco crisps that are about 0.5 gms a pack which is a huge difference. Worth a look because they do some very good low fat options.

Kaplumbagadort Tue 21-Oct-08 21:38:01

lol cheerycherry (Well ok it isn't really funny sad

Does anyone else then feel mega guilty when DC ask what they can eat and you realise you ate the last bar/cake/yogurt etc? I do. And struggle money wise to restock the food.

Showmeheaven Tue 21-Oct-08 21:44:38

Sounds like comfort eating. I know all about it grin

I think the only way of dealing with it is to take control and cut out one food at a time (don't give everything up at once, or you'll be doomed to fail).

For me it was chocolate - in the evenings too. Once I got the kids to bed I had a bar and a cuppa - I felt I deserved it ! This had been going on for years and I knew I couldn't lose weigh because of it. I tried to cut down (having my choccy fix at weekends only) but I missed it so much during the week that I knew I had to go cold turkey.

I'm off it about 6 weeks now. The first 10 days were hell, I missed it SO much. But after that, the cravings went away.

I had a moment of madness last Saturday and bought myself a bounty bar (while buying some sweets for the kids). I was afraid my old cravings would come back, but they didn't. I enjoyed the bar, was able to enjoy it and then forget about it, which for me is huge progress.

Finally, its a good idea to replace your unhealthy food with a healthy one. Instead of having chocolate, I munched on a bowl of seedless grapes each night. I now look foward to my grapes

Good luck girls - I know how hard it is.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now