Talk

Advanced search

Help needed - not sure what I weigh but I am fat, I go to the gym twice a week don't snack and am vegetarian.

(8 Posts)
Jazzicatz Sat 18-Oct-08 15:00:30

But I cannot lose any weight - what can I do?

FreakyLadyFrightALot Sat 18-Oct-08 21:42:42

have you talked to your gp....because sometimes things like thyroid problems can be the root of the problem....

however, vegetarian diet can be still high calorific....i.e. oils, whist healthy if sunflower/olive/flaxseed...or so oil....still calorific....also nuts and seeds whilst really healthy, if eaten in large amounts will add to weightgain...

44christmaspuddingsinarow Sat 18-Oct-08 21:46:08

your body is made to survive so therefore you need to change your excersise, you are staying on cruise control when you excersise and this will not shift weight. You body is designed to save fuel and this is what it is doing cos it knows every week you will go and do the same routine and then again .

High intensity training rev it up and then slow it right down - confuses you bod. Then rev it up agian and slow it right sdwon.

Spin is good for this or circuits class. Then make sure you do half cardio and half weights (not all cardio)

FreakyLadyFrightALot Sat 18-Oct-08 22:00:02

44 do you mean any kind of interval training?
if so, nell mc'andrews workout are fab to raise and maintain lower heartrate..
and in this fashion...also sometimes having high calory as well as very low calory days...

oh, and in general having regular meals and eating in the early morning...rather than skipping breakfast...

Tiramissu Sat 18-Oct-08 23:00:37

Jazzicatz (nice name),
i agree with Freaky.. i am aalso vegetarian and it is a myth that veg food is slimming. It can be very high in calories as Freaky said-unless you live on lettuce. So maybe watch the calories?

i am doing 3 min running and then 3 min walking and so on. Is this good for burning?

Jazzicatz Sun 19-Oct-08 15:06:42

I do a spin class and a core stability class each week!

44christmaspuddingsinarow Mon 20-Oct-08 11:51:21

3 mins run and 3 mins walk is indeed intervel, your heart rate goes up when you break into a run and then comes back down when you walk and so on.

Do do weights every other day, they really are important and make sure you fail to complete your weights routin is also a good idea - get to 7 out of ten and can go no further, that is good. Slowly do the weights, you should take more than 50 seconds to do 10 reps - other wise you are going to fast and that isn't good.

Spin excellent and also a body pump class if you can fit one in. Body balance is excellent as it is your own weight you use and it is deep muscle.

Muscel burns more calories than fat so the more toned you are the better for staying trim wink

Tiramissu Mon 20-Oct-08 19:33:30

thank you 44

Now i have no excuse smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now