Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

south beach /low carbs

(5 Posts)
pipsqueak Thu 16-Oct-08 23:46:47

anyone got any experience of this? am thinking of giving it a go as am fairly desperate to lose weight but..not sure

Furball Fri 17-Oct-08 05:54:15

It's like a healthy version of atkins.

overall review = Overall this is a good diet. It keeps your heart healthy while reducing LDL (bad) cholesterol. It has one of the lowest dropout rates for modern diets and provides practical eating patterns. It provides quick weight loss at the beginning and a steady weight loss continues until you reach your ideal weight. With this diet the weight is more likely to stay off.

taken from this website

pipsqueak Fri 17-Oct-08 07:57:43

thanks furball - will ahve a look at the site. have you done it?

Furball Fri 17-Oct-08 11:14:32

sort of in a roundabout way, didn't do much with it. It was one of my miracle diet failures through lack of effort.

However can report that I've lost nearly 2 stone with slimming world and that is fab, you can literally eat your own weight in free foods and still lose weight.

ghosty Fri 17-Oct-08 23:40:04

pipsqueak, are you planning to do it online or by the book?
I could do with losing some pounds and would be happy to do it with you if you like.
I have put on about 10 pounds in the last 6 months and I am beginning to feel out of control ... I need to do something.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now