Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Talk me through low carbs (for a veggie)

(4 Posts)
thesockmonsterofdoom Wed 15-Oct-08 16:16:36

I have zero energy at the moment, decided with the help of bIWI that low carbs may ewell be the way to go for me, I also have about 2 stone to lose.

Anyway this morning I had my usual bowl of granola for brekkie,
had a lovely salad with egg and carrot and parsnip pate for lunch,
now I have no idea what else I could eat while doing low carb and i cant live on salad.

Is yoghurt low carb?
fruit and yoghurt for brekkie?
dont mind salad for lunch most fo the time

no idea about suitable evening meals (at the moment I dont have one but I really need to change that.
I have had no snacks for the last couple of days and have ensured i ate my 5 and am actually feeling better already.
Any help gratefully appreciated.

ElviraInanEcup Thu 16-Oct-08 16:16:31

Message withdrawn

Rubyrubyruby Thu 16-Oct-08 16:17:40

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Wisp Thu 16-Oct-08 16:29:42

Try Rose Elliot's Low Carb Vegetarian book, it's excellent.
Eggs, tofu, cheese, nuts all great sources of veggie protein.

Natural yoghurt ( no sugar added) is fairly low carb- Greek yoghurt is the lowest though.

It all depends how low carb you want to go, Atkins diet is 20grams carbs max so no fruit at all, no root vegetables, peas or sweetcorn. but there are others that are 50grams, so you could incorporate small amount of fruit ( berries are the lowest carb)

I'm about to restart low carbing,and a veggie. Its a fantastic diet, but Ive always found it hard to stick to after a few weeks, and its very restrictive if eating out. But I am the eternal failed dieter!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now