Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

I need the collective power of Mumsnet - I need motivation to shed the weight I've put on.....

(5 Posts)
DrZeus Fri 10-Oct-08 12:57:16

I've been in a new job for a month. Had to rework my gym routine. Got a big shock this morning when I jumped on the scales and put on over half a stone......I've done Slimming world in the past which was fab. I'm gutted as I'm undoing all the hard work I put in before. I've also got into really bad habits with snacking on all the wrong stuff. Another problem is that dh is off on lots of foreign travel over the next 8 weeks so my gym time is even more limited.
Soooo, it's my birthday in 6 weeks time. I'm making a committment to myself (and in public on Mumsnet) to get a grip and get back into shape for the middle of November. I know I can do it with the power of Mumsnet behind me. Please send positive vibes my way!
Thanks in advance.

Sycamoretree Fri 10-Oct-08 17:43:03

posssitive, calories free vibes coming your way!

You can do it. No way do you want to be a bloater on your birthday. You need to be able to pig out guilt free.

Go girl (or something? hmm)

BoysAreLikeRabidDogs Fri 10-Oct-08 17:47:31

OK

I have lost a LOT of weight this year

My tips:

Water, water, water. If you are hungry, have a glass of water, wait 20 minutes. If you are then still hungry have another glass of water and wait twenty minutes. If you are then still hungry, go ahead and eat.

Small plate.

Low carb - so cut out/down on bread/potatoes/pasta/cereals.

Not too much fruit, plenty of veg.

You go, girlfriend.

BoysAreLikeRabidDogs Fri 10-Oct-08 17:50:09

Aaargh

Exercise

Find exercise that you LIKE DOING

No point slogging at the gym if that's not your thing

DrZeus Fri 10-Oct-08 21:21:04

I lurve exercise! I do Body Pump, Body Jam, Body Attack and rebounding on a normal week. I've also just bought a step and dvd, so my plan is to do that when I can't get to the gym. I also run (5k ideally). I need to find another charity run to focus on.

Will up the water and am going to make some veggie soup for the weekend.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now