loader

Talk

Advanced search

WW - can someone help me "point this" please

(5 Posts)
lisalisa Tue 01-Mar-05 12:14:06

Message withdrawn

Babyannabel Tue 01-Mar-05 12:24:27

Well done - you've done so well already. My chart says that you should be on 20 points a day. What you are having sounds ok so stick to that today or maybe have grilled meat, jacket potato and loads of veg for supper and then go tomorrow and be inspired! Good luck with the rest of your weight loss.

pinotgrigio Tue 01-Mar-05 12:47:23

Hi lisalisa,

Here are the points for what you have been eating (although I don't know your portion size or brands so this is approximate).

low fat yoghurt 1.5
portion strawberries 0.5
small bunch grapes 1
portion blueberries 1

2 rings pineapple in juice 0.5
tub low fat cottage cheese 2
1 teaspoon olive oil 1
1/2 avocado 3
banana 1.5
3 small plums 0.5
sweets 1 - 2 depending on how many you eat!

portion lentils 2.5
portion rice 4.5
tablespoon kidney beans 0.5

You are doing really well with the food you are eating. If you aren't losing weight then I would watch out for portion sizes, the olive oil and rice if I were you. Maybe switch to a low fat dressing instead. For the rice, WW say that a 60g portion of uncooked rice = 3 points. This should help you keep an eye on how much you are eating.

Keep drinking lots of water too and if you can do some exercise. 30 minutes of swimming = 4 bonus points, and 30 of gentle walking = 2. A jaffa cake is a point. Yum.

Good luck, I hope the weight starts to come off again soon. If you want some of the WW books/calculators have a look on Ebay, there are loads for sale and much cheaper than at the meetings.

lisalisa Tue 01-Mar-05 12:56:46

Message withdrawn

pinotgrigio Tue 01-Mar-05 13:39:43

Hi LisaLisa,

Not sure about NoCount because I did the points version. From the WW bulletin boards I'm seeing a lot of people having problems with NoCount as you have to stop eating when you're satisfied. I would find this impossible, as I always want more! Maybe another WW on MN will have some advice for you.

I got to target on the points plan by being pretty strict with portion sizes/weighing, counting EVERYTHING and getting as many bonus points as possible.

Good Luck! I hope somebody else can advise on NoCount.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now