Talk

Advanced search

Students' weight loss topic!

(7 Posts)
LollipopViolet Sun 28-Sep-08 15:22:41

Others are welcome of course, but a lot of us over on the students board are joining gyms etc so here's a place we can discuss how we're getting on, and for others to offer motivation.

Me, I'm 18 and goodness knows what I weigh but I've got a big tummy and want to lose it. At the minute I plan to go to the uni gym twice, maybe 3 times a week depending on lectures. Got my induction on Thursday, and then will go on Friday afternoon I think.

JDBfangirl Sun 28-Sep-08 16:18:55

Good luck with the induction. I'm gearing up for my first session next week. MP3 player at the ready!

FairLadyRantALot Mon 29-Sep-08 13:01:54

hi...
I am doing Slimming World right now, and have lost 17 Ibs since May and will start in the Uni-GYm, tomorrow...wohoo..
will only be able to go when my dh is about....so, could be as little as once a week to as much as 4 times a week...
but every little helps, eh

LollipopViolet Mon 29-Sep-08 19:28:26

Bah, got to change my induction day. My oh so thoughtful lecturer decided our production crew needs a 9am start on Thursday so I'll miss it if I don't change it

FairLadyRantALot Mon 29-Sep-08 21:37:53

oh dear...not a good start....but hohum, eh

JDBfangirl Tue 30-Sep-08 17:17:06

I went yesterday, luckily gym was near empty. Did about 40 mins in total (so maybe burnt of the marsbar I had on break blush

Got rather saddle sore least night although I can now sit down without wincing grin

I'm a bit of a mid to late 90's indie kid and it's amazing what songs in that genre are good for working out to..who'd have thought Morrissey?!?

FairLadyRantALot Wed 01-Oct-08 16:17:50

lol JDB...I was expecting to be sore, because I haven't worked out on machines for a long time,but not sore....
probably thanks to Nell McAndrews workouts....all that squatting and all teh pain I had to go through because of it must have been worth it, lol....

Gonna go tomorrow afternoon to the Gym, after lessons and before doing my research for my Essay....grin

I really should get myself something like an Ipod, I suppose....but well, I don't tend to take much notice to the music, I tend to sort of let my thoughts go round and stuff...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now