Talk

Advanced search

Help my hourglass figure is turning into an apple!

(4 Posts)
mrsmalumbas Fri 26-Sep-08 20:20:35

I have always been curvy - big boobs, big bum. However I tried on new swimming costume last night and it struck me that my shape has fundamentally changed - it is now all belly. I can no longer say I am hourglass shaped as the curves have all moved! I feel like feckin' tweedledum, or tweedledee.I put it down partly to age - I am 41 - and hormones - I think I am perimenopausal but it is masked by being on Implanon. I am also eating way too much and not getting enough exercise. Any tips for shedding specifically abdominal fat - is is cardio I need? I hate exercise really but quite like walking and swimming. DD has just started school so I do have some time - maybe some exercise DVD's? I also need to go back to low carb as that seems to help but I am such a carb addict especially when overworked and overstressed as I am now. I really feel like I need to give my fat middle aged self a kick up the backside before things slide too much - actually they already have! The belly must go!!

Saggarmakersbottomknocker Fri 26-Sep-08 20:27:28

mrsmalumbas - I'm the same. Except I have no boobs. I've always had a proper waist but over this last couple of years that's definitely where I'm carrying my excess. I'm just 45.

It's definitely a hormone thing - your body tends to store fat around your middle as you get older and your metabolism slows down too. I'm keeping mine off <trying> by running and going to the gym 5 times a week. I need to cut down on the carbs too but I snack on carbs and can't seem to find alternatives. Cutting down on the booze has helped.

mrsmalumbas Fri 26-Sep-08 20:32:00

Hi - love your name by the way! So I'm guessing that the botle of Sainsbury's organic lager I am swigging right now isn't helping then?! Tis so depressing to have this wobbly jelly belly. I am turning into my mother.

Saggarmakersbottomknocker Fri 26-Sep-08 20:41:42

lol probably not. I pretty much gave up completely for the 3 months before my holidays and lost the spare tyre. Now having drunk pretty regularly since stepping on the plane it's all back. <reaches for the wine>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now