Talk

Advanced search

ok, so when ive finally lost 'all' this weight...

(17 Posts)
Evesmama Sat 26-Feb-05 21:24:51

how to i 'stay the same'????????
cos if i keep doing what im doing, surely i keep loosing? and if i bring back the chips n choccys then ill return to being my old fat knacker self again?????so is there a majic tablet you get "when" you get there to reward you for all your hard work??

WideWebWitch Sat 26-Feb-05 22:11:43

Approx 2000 cals a day for weight maintenance I think. Any more and you'll put on weight, less and you'll lose.

Evesmama Sat 26-Feb-05 22:13:55

so i have to calorie count then?, im not doing that now?

roisin Sat 26-Feb-05 22:15:26

My dh lost 6 stone last year with Weight Watchers, and reached his goal weight ... well below actually!

We've been very impressed with their maintenance programme in terms of finding the level which creates that balance for you. He is still pretty obsessive about counting points, weighing-in, and so on, but that's just because he is determined that he's not going to put it back on.

We have totally changed our eating patterns though, and we just don't have rubbish in the house any more.

Evesmama Sun 27-Feb-05 13:41:15

yeah, i realise now that although im not currently counting anything, i am aware of what im putting into my bod than before(mostly ready brek and alpen these days!)
and hopefully my stomache will start shrinking so my appetite wont be as huge as it used to be(fingers crossed)

Demented Sun 27-Feb-05 14:11:34

IIRC you were sort of doing SW Evesmama? I believe with SW you choose two extra Healthy Extra B choices once you have reached target, if you start to put on you cut back to one extra, if you are still losing I suppose you add another one.

Evesmama Sun 27-Feb-05 14:14:10

oh yes, i remember that bit now
that seems easier to me, so if im having jacket spud, i can have cheese and ham as a healthy extra(as example)..aha, so might not be as complicated as i thought.

thankyou hun

Demented Sun 27-Feb-05 14:50:31

Yes think that's how it would work.

Dior Sun 27-Feb-05 19:04:13

Message withdrawn

Evesmama Sun 27-Feb-05 22:54:02

i was actually, ill believe anything my mam tells me and dont think to question it when im older!!, but thanks for opening my eyes

Dior Mon 28-Feb-05 18:13:47

Message withdrawn

Evesmama Mon 28-Feb-05 22:25:53

dior..are you there!!!!

my friend told me today after complaining because i had eaten too much, that it would be because my stomach would have shrank!!!!!will it, wont it????

Dior Tue 01-Mar-05 00:06:49

Message withdrawn

Evesmama Tue 01-Mar-05 08:38:56

thankyou doctor dior

Keane Tue 01-Mar-05 08:50:30

evesmama, how are you doing?

I have thought about this, what I will do when I get there but i am at weightwatchers so I am hoping they will help me. Seems a good way off atm though

roisin, well dont to your dh 6 stone, wow

Evesmama Tue 01-Mar-05 09:04:51

i know hun, miles away for me just yet, but was just wondering?..dp said that when we get were we want to be, our appetites will have changed dramatically anyway, so we'll be eating less and will be able to adjust easier??

Dior Tue 01-Mar-05 10:11:53

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now