Talk

Advanced search

Need someone to kick me into shape and help me lose some weight

(22 Posts)
IllegallyBrunette Mon 22-Sep-08 19:31:22

Please smile

I know there are various weight loss threads on here, but I am not sure which would suit me best.

I have very little willpower so will need huge kicks up the behind all the way along.

I am 5'2 and currently weigh 9 stone 8 lbs. Am still squashing myself into my size 10 jeans etc, but i'm having to unbutton them for most of the day.

I feel unhealthy and crap.

My biggest vice is bread, i am literally addicted to the stuff.

Anyone like to help ?

LoveMyGirls Mon 22-Sep-08 19:38:21

I weigh about the same as you and I'm 5.3, I'm wearing size 12 and I'm pretty happy. How much do you want to lose? Why? I'm thinking of losing maybe another half a stone before my wedding next year but I'm not going to be upset if I don't the most important thing i want to do is to tone up.

Can you replace bread with crackerbread/ ryvita for a couple of weeks?

I lost 2 and a half stone since January and I know I could lose the other half a stone if I put ym mind to it but I also love bread!

IllegallyBrunette Mon 22-Sep-08 19:40:45

I did buy some crackerbread today, so am definatly going to try having those instead of bread yes.

Also going to have cereal instead of toast for breakfast.

I'd like to lose a stone in total I think.

Well done on your weightloss.

IllegallyBrunette Mon 22-Sep-08 19:41:32

I could also do with toning up.

LoveMyGirls Mon 22-Sep-08 19:46:58

try porridge (the golden syrup one is delicious)

IllegallyBrunette Mon 22-Sep-08 20:04:01

Ahh now porridge I am still to get to grips with. I have tried loads and not found one I like yet.

Am alternating at the mo between mini oatibix and Jordans country crisp.

I have just had one chicken breast and some couscous for dinner which is very good for me.

I also need to reduce my portion sizes I think.

LoveMyGirls Mon 22-Sep-08 20:49:39

Are you planning any exercise? I was doing swimming and aqua fit and areobics but now im only doing aqua fit

Why do you want to lose weight? Whats your motivation?

IllegallyBrunette Mon 22-Sep-08 21:16:32

I want to do aqua fit, but local pool is shut until Jan 09 so that will have to wait.

My motivation is to be able to fit comfortably back into my clothes I suppose. I really cannot afford to be buying new stuff, and I don't want to be buying bigger stuff.

IllegallyBrunette Tue 23-Sep-08 10:43:28

Another day and so far so good.

Have had cereal for breakfast and just had 3 crab sticks as a snack.

Have made up a little bowl of tuna salad for lunch and then I am having soup for dinner, with no bread which will be hell LOL.

Have made sure I have lots of fruit in the house to snack on too.

LoveMyGirls Tue 23-Sep-08 12:04:51

The chunky soups are good and you can dip ryvita in them

low fat yogurts and low fat biscuits/ cake bars are good too for the times when you really need something nicer than fruit.

Jacket potatoes are filling and can also have salad on the side, tuna, beans, chill, spag bol on top etc

LoveMyGirls Tue 23-Sep-08 12:06:03

At this rate you will be encouraging me to eat better again as I've slipped but luckily not put weight on, I could do with an extra half a stone off though!

IllegallyBrunette Tue 23-Sep-08 12:13:12

I love Ryvita, but unfortunatly they do not love me. I have IBS and they seem to set it off.

Have just had my tuna salad and I am still peckish so will have a banana I think.

You have done really well to lose as much as you have LMG. I think the last bit can be the hardest to shift from what I have heard.

LoveMyGirls Tue 23-Sep-08 18:16:09

I brought some tops today in a size 10, they are a touch on the snug side so now I have to lose the half a stone and tone up!

LoveMyGirls Wed 24-Sep-08 12:20:58

I've had porridge today and a bit of sausage roll, need to stop picking at kids food!

LoveMyGirls Thu 25-Sep-08 07:56:24

How is it going?

Sheen4272 Thu 25-Sep-08 08:08:35

I'm really crap at dieting and have always had to exercise to keep the weight down. My DD is 5mths old, I've been lucky that BF has helped but the weight has crept back on. I've started power walking with the pram each day and also been using some dumb bells. Muscle helps burn fat so doing weights is really good and it tones you up. I pick when I'm in the house all day so I've bought some dried fruit to snack on which helps. Good luck.

IllegallyBrunette Sat 27-Sep-08 08:52:17

I have done really really badly, I just can't stick to it sad

Wrt exercise, the only exercise I get is the school run, which is in total about 90 minute walk each day.

I just seem to be piling on the weight so quickly, which isn't surprising as I am still eating crap, but I don't know why I am doing it.

LoveMyGirls Sat 27-Sep-08 11:58:10

90 mins walking per day is great!

What if you plan 3 nice snacks per day and try to spread them out over the day so they last you?

eg
1 snack size choc bar/ biscuit/ cake bar (perhaps WW)
1 low fat yogurt
mixed fruit salad, muesli and yogurt

and stick to your 3 meals a day and drink loads and loads as well as brushing your teeth when you feel the need to snack.

Try to eat filling things as well like jacket potatoes.

You can do this, you just need some motivation.

LoveMyGirls Sat 18-Oct-08 08:01:02

I went to WW last friday I had put 2 and a half pounds on from the last time I went in august I went again this friday and I lost a pound, I'm now on a mission to lose a few more pounds.

How are you doing?

nappyaddict Thu 23-Oct-08 16:54:37

Can i join? I am 5 foot 3 and weigh 9 stone 10. would like to get back down to something between 8 stone 10 and 9 stone. I managed to get down to 9 stone 3 just before the summer but I didn't stick to it.

CharleeInChains Thu 23-Oct-08 16:59:28

I would like to join, i am 5'3 and weigh 11 stone. sad

I have been so good just sticking to a generally healthy balanced diet but today i have had 5 biscuits blush

I am doing my wii fit each night and 20 sit up's (not alot i know but i am seriously unfit)

My biggest vice is chocolate.

Im not to hung up on healthy dinners aslong as i include a big portion of veg. I had a weeks holiday last week and before that i was living off processed crap and crisps and chocoloate so now im cooking all meals from scratch in hope that it helps. smile

nappyaddict Thu 23-Oct-08 17:43:21

right who wants to join the 100 sit ups a day club? am hoping to gradually increase it up to 200. link

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now