Talk

Advanced search

Weight Watchers January 2008 REGROUP! REGROUP!

(48 Posts)
SmugColditz Thu 11-Sep-08 13:10:45

Come on, all ye who quit over the holidays (like me) It's free to rejoin, so no excuses.

I am Colditz, I weigh 12st7lb, and I have a 10% goal of 11st5lb

My weigh in day is Tuesday, I have 20 points a day and mostly I wish to spend them wisely.

Go go go!

SmugColditz Thu 11-Sep-08 14:04:58

Don't tell me you are now all 9 stone sad and I'm the only greedy pig who put half a stone on since July?

RGPargy Thu 11-Sep-08 14:19:20

Hello!

Can i join? I'm also on the Five-stoners thread but thought if this was WW specific, it might also help me!

Here's my spec:

I'm RGPargy, I weigh LOTS and have a 10% goal of LOTS.

My weigh day is a Monday, and I have 26 points a day but am seriously considering switching to the Core plan.

SmugColditz Thu 11-Sep-08 14:22:30

Yes, you can join, and YES it is weight watchers specific although non exclusive

Any tips and tricks?

My trick is to roast a chicken regularly and ALWAYS have cold chicken in the fridge to use. That way, all I have to do is add carb and veg and sauce (and cheese for the boys!)

I also only buy quavers, never any others, as I don't like quavers.

Potatoes are very filling, and low in points. When I have a potato rich week, I do well.

RGPargy Thu 11-Sep-08 14:27:30

Hmmm tips? The only tips i can give is on how to go OVER your points as that's what i seem to be doing lately! I have discovered tho that having about 4 or 5 cups of coffee per day at 2.5 points each cup really doesn't help matters.

I've just had a look at the core foods and there is loads of stuff you can eat without measuring, which sounds brilliant for me.

I would love to do the roast chicken in the fridge thing but unfortunately i am fussy and only eat breast meat so unfortunately it would get chucked away!

I love quavers. Yummy!!

I'm going to Core it up from Monday after my weigh in.

SmugColditz Thu 11-Sep-08 14:30:49

how come 2.5 points a cup of coffee? do you have sugar and creamm?

RGPargy Thu 11-Sep-08 14:34:47

2 x sugar
2 x coffee mate

Shocking, eh?!! shock

RGPargy Thu 11-Sep-08 14:35:32

I've gone mostly onto tea now and only have one coffee a day (if i must!) so hopefully the problem with not losing weight will right itself soon enough!

SmugColditz Thu 11-Sep-08 14:36:35

2 sugar is half a point, are coffee mate spoonfulls really 1 point each???!!!!

RGPargy Thu 11-Sep-08 14:49:41

Yup!! You can get lower fat coffee mate, but as i'm using the normal one at home etc i have to put down the true points! The virtually fat free coffee mate is only half a point per two teaspoons so it would only be one point per cup. I suppose i could buy that or be more healthy and just drink water!

SmugColditz Thu 11-Sep-08 14:57:20

shock

wow

no wonder you go over your points, I am shocked at coffee mate!!!

Skimmed milk?

RGPargy Thu 11-Sep-08 15:04:32

I know, bad isn't it! It's always the things that we love that are the worst!

I dont really like skimmed milk in coffee so i think i'd prefer to have a coffee as a treat now and then and just stick to tea and water as i dont have sugar in tea and dont mind skimmed milk in that either.

floaty Thu 11-Sep-08 15:34:47

Can I also come back ...I really need something to keep me mon track.I am 12stone 4 pounds and really want to lose 2 stone.Can't remember my 10% might recalculate on the website ...finding it difficult to get t the meetings so trying to keep up online

SmugColditz Thu 11-Sep-08 16:17:06

Your 10% will be about 11st4lb, floaty.

RGPargy Thu 11-Sep-08 16:17:17

Hi Floaty.

I'm a Monthly Pass girl and love all the online stuff! Couldn't live without it all now!

cheekysealion Thu 11-Sep-08 16:32:10

me please
wasnt in the original gang > but would love to be in your gang smile

I dont go to meetings but get weighed at work once a week (thursday)
and follow ww points...

I am cheeky, and a fat sealion weighing 15.12 shock

I like to try and get as much as i can for my points.. so any low points snacks ideas welcome

SmugColditz Thu 11-Sep-08 16:41:41

Sealion, mushrooms and frylight will be your friend.

cheekysealion Thu 11-Sep-08 18:50:29

sounds good

roasted?

SmugColditz Thu 11-Sep-08 20:44:59

Or fried.

They have nil points so make a tasty snack with a little salt.

RGPargy Thu 11-Sep-08 20:52:41

I've heard that frylight is minging - is this true?

cheekysealion Thu 11-Sep-08 21:07:48

i have the butter one and it is fine..

i spray it on corgettes before i roast them

Helga80 Thu 11-Sep-08 21:16:27

Can I join please?

Not been on any of the previous threads but have been doing WW for 6 weeks and have lost 10.5lbs so far.

I weigh lots and have another 8lbs to go to my 10%.

My weigh in day is Monday, I'm on 23 points and desperately trying to drink more water and each less crap wink.

SmugColditz Thu 11-Sep-08 21:25:00

No, it's fine. If you get the sunflower oil one you can't even taste it.

RGPargy Thu 11-Sep-08 21:31:15

OK great.

Hello Helga and welcome!

Helga80 Thu 11-Sep-08 21:39:34

Thanks RGPargy (love the name by the way).

Finding it hard at the moment - had a seriously crap day yesterday and resorted to chocolate to feel better sad

Drew a line under it though and have managed to stick to my points today, drink my water and even did some exercise so onwards and downwards hopefully hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now