Talk

Advanced search

Tell me about your weight-loss plan/diet, why its so good and why I should do it! WW SW or any others!

(12 Posts)
Divvy Thu 11-Sep-08 10:16:18

I have 4-5 stone to lose. Cant really go to a weight-loss clubs right now, but can follow something at home.

What is so fab about your plan/diet, are you doing well on it? Is it worth me trying it? smile

changingsoon Thu 11-Sep-08 11:18:44

i would like to know aswell. have at least 4 stone to loose (how did that happen!) and really need to get motivated. thought about sw but if i join i know i will only go once.

Divvy Thu 11-Sep-08 11:28:46

..but at least you will get the books that way! wink I think alot of people do!

I may and just weigh in boots for 50p once a week..do you fancy that for yourself?

changingsoon Thu 11-Sep-08 11:30:16

could do. when shall we start

Divvy Thu 11-Sep-08 13:35:20

...erm....not today! blush

LoveMyGirls Thu 11-Sep-08 13:40:32

I did the core plan on weigthwatchers, lost 35lb from jan to june I exercised 3 times a week (swimming/ areobics or aquafit) and just made more of an effort to move around more in general. I basically lived on porrige, ryvita, veg, fruit, yogurt and chicken and potatoes.

Divvy Thu 11-Sep-08 14:33:53

Is it still working for you now?

LoveMyGirls Thu 11-Sep-08 14:37:50

I haven't put weight back on and I don't plan to, i'm still weighing about once a month to check i'm not piling it all back on. I really would urge you to start today, I feel fabulous and I get compliments all the time, i'm healthier, fitter and a lot more confident. I'm so much happier now.

LoveMyGirls Thu 11-Sep-08 14:38:44

You can do WW online. Search for my messages in weightloss if you like.

Divvy Thu 11-Sep-08 16:15:45

WOW! You have done really well havent you! grin

Did you go to the classes?

LoveMyGirls Thu 11-Sep-08 19:31:34

I did go to meetings once a week for 6 months which sounds like ages but it wasn't really and I really enjoyed the exercise once I got into it, I really like having an hour or two of peace swimming but now I've lost the weight I feel guilty if I go more than once a week, i'm still going to aquafit once a week which is good.

Dp was really supportive which really helped me.

LoveMyGirls Thu 11-Sep-08 19:34:35

Btw I was 13.13 when I started my weightloss mission at the start of 2006 i think, I had a break for a year when I got to 11.7 stone then put half a st on over xmas 2007 then joined ww and finally reached my goal weight 9.7. I wish I hadn't had a break and had done it sonner!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now