Talk

Advanced search

I really need a Weight Loss Buddy!! Anybody?

(11 Posts)
OneBoyOneGirl Tue 09-Sep-08 20:26:32

This is my third post on the Weight Loss bit, all promising to lose weight, but i still haven't started blush

Right, im 24, 5ft7 and <<<breathes in>>> 13 stone <<cough>> 4 blush

I want to be 11 stone again.

I desperately need motivation and feel that I would have more sucess with a buddy to help me I mean the occasional kick up the --ass- text or email to 'keep me in check' or tell me i'm a lazy git or something, compare diets and weigh in and stuff.

I am a typical comfort fooder and eat too much as atm i need a lot of comfort! lol.

Things are starting to pick up in my life, and i have decided to pair this with losing the weight and aim for New Year New Woman.

I don't have alot to spend on food so tend to eat comfort food but i enjoy healthy options.
In terms of excercise, i have been that low i haven't left the house for a walk or owt in AGES and am gradually starting to get out more and with weight loss my confidence will return (have been here before). I have Wii Fit which i am determined to use for 1/2 hour or more a night, but have not been doing lately.

phew, think thats all you need to know?

So, does anyone fancy giving me a kick up the ass? I will, of course, return the favour if needs be

BouncingTurtle Tue 09-Sep-08 20:49:46

Oh go on, I'm game!

I'm shorter and fatter than you as I'm 5'3" and 14st2lb blushblush

I'm a comfort eater too! Need to cut out the naughty snacks.

I really want a Wii Fit!!!

Not much time to exercise, but try to do as much walking during the day while working as possible!

Going to start afresh tomorrow - no more to eat now until breakfast tomorrow.

I'm hoping to lose a stone by middle of October as I'm going to a dinner dance!

costalepew Tue 09-Sep-08 20:50:25

Looking into my crystal ball I can tell you by Tuesday you will have a new job. There is your kick up the ass. grin

OneBoyOneGirl Tue 09-Sep-08 21:00:08

Thank you BT. The wii fit was a present from FIL to DH and i highly recommend them!

So, starting tomorrow, no more junk Im really really going to do it this time.

costa - lol, thank you - and college starts tomorrow night, new job in a few weeks and am going to be moving house (although nowhere to go) in a month, you'd think i'd be skinny as a rake with all that going on!

BouncingTurtle Tue 09-Sep-08 21:33:02

I've just returned to work from maternity leave so no more eating choccy biscuits at the M&B groups!

OneBoyOneGirl Wed 10-Sep-08 12:07:47

Morning, well, so far so good

Had a banana and yoghurt for my brekkie and am going to have a cup a soup thingy for lunch... and am still determined the day after deciding to do it so that is further than i've ever got so far!

BouncingTurtle Wed 10-Sep-08 18:48:05

A good start! I've been pretty good, no biscuits or sweeties or other crap and I have been doing a fair bit of walking and carrying today!

OneBoyOneGirl Wed 10-Sep-08 20:53:15

Brill, Me too

Started college today and walked there and back(30 mins each way). I had breakfast (don't usually) and have had all healthy things, no snacks.

Did 45 mins on the Wii fit - so good start all round!

Ive woken up still determined so thats further than i've ever got before

BouncingTurtle Thu 11-Sep-08 06:43:19

Yes I didn't have to bad a day today!

Keep up the good work

BouncingTurtle Sun 14-Sep-08 17:23:27

How are you doing, oneboyonegirl? Have you had a good weekend?

BouncingTurtle Mon 15-Sep-08 07:15:05

I lost 1lb this week without trying particularly hard, so am going to do things properly this week.

Hope you have a good week!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now