Talk

Advanced search

Lunch ideas

(9 Posts)
LaTrucha Mon 08-Sep-08 10:03:37

I always eat the same thing for lunch. I alwaya have a cheese and tomato sandwich. I don't know why it's always the same but I like it, it's easy to make and I have a LO at home so it's easy to have the automatic thing. I also snack a lot (I say because I'm bf, but I probably would anyway). That's usually bread or crackers and cheese too.

And I have two stone of pregnancy weight to lose. I'm sure this is not helping.

blush

FGS. I feel so stupid asking this question, but... What the hell else can I eat?

It has to be quick, cheap and satisfying.

I don't ask for much, do I?

Furball Mon 08-Sep-08 10:08:52

homemade soups? don't knock it, it is quick (nearly as quick as opening a tin!) literally chuck 1 1/2 stock in a pan with a chopped onion, and whatever else you fancy ie veg or lentils you could add rice pasta or potato, beans etc and boil for 40 mins and hey presto scrummy soup. low fat, healthy lunch

or beans on toast with cheese on the top,
jacket spud in the microwave with tuna and sweetcorn

LaTrucha Mon 08-Sep-08 10:12:59

Soups are a greta idea, but that's what DH and I eat for dinner - our one good diet thing.

I love beans on toast. And Jacket potato. I've just got in such a rut!.

LaTrucha Mon 08-Sep-08 10:41:54

smile ?

ILikeYourSleeves Wed 10-Sep-08 23:14:48

For lunches I have (not all at once...)

hummus and toasted pitta bread (v quick and nutritious, can buy low fat version too)

baked potato

sarnies (tuna, cheese, ham, salad etc etc)

baked beans on toast

noodles

leftover dinner

toasted cheese

tuna and cheese melt (deeelish)

salad (ready bag of salad, cucumber, tomato and sprinkle some cheese or tuna or whatever over plus some sweet chili sauce YUM)

mmmm I'm hungry now!

LaTrucha Thu 11-Sep-08 11:43:18

Ooo. Thankyou! I have actually had cheese and tomato sandwiches ALL WEEK. Can you believe it? I HAVE bought beans, noodles, jacket potatoes etc, now so there's really no excuse. Oh. ANd I didn't buy more cheese.

I really don't knwo what's got into me.

Those are fab ideas ILikeYourSleeve. Thanks.

ILikeYourSleeves Thu 11-Sep-08 21:14:02

Hope your tastebuds tingle this week! Another idea is next time you are in a cafe look at what they offer for lunches and sandwich fillings, you'll get a ton of ideas from that!

fedda Thu 11-Sep-08 21:49:37

I had poridge for lunch today and it was nice. I had it with raspberries, honey and milk. Soups are good for lunch and i second left overs.

LaTrucha Fri 12-Sep-08 15:35:45

So...

I had noodles yesterday and baked beans on toast today. I think I've broken the spell of the cheese and tomato sandwich! And my 8-month old DD had the beans with me. smile

We may have an omlette together tomorrow!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now