Talk

Advanced search

What has worked for you in the long term?

(3 Posts)
bluebell1 Sun 07-Sep-08 21:07:30

Hi all i just wanted to know if anyone has lost weight on a certain diet,how long it took you to lose the weight and if you have kept it off.

I have tried so many diets in the past.Slimming world,weight watchers,rosemary conley,atkins etc.I have just come off lipotrim as it was making me ill.I want to lose weight fast but i now realise this probably isnt possible.So im at a loss as to what to try next.I need help deciding which diet to do as i cant decide between them all.

largeoneplease Sun 07-Sep-08 21:25:34

The only thing I have found that works it to eat better generally, rather than diet IYSWIM and get lots of exercise.

So now I have no biscuits, crisps, choc or processed food in the house and never ever any takeaways. I walk or cycle everywhere that I can manage in less than 30 mins and run about 30 miles a week. (built up gradually over 3 years)

I eat when I'm hungry (often because of the running), from what is in the house, but if I'm out and someone offers cake or biscuits I will have them and I eat out about once a week and will then have whatever I fancy. I lost weight at a rate of about 1lb a week, so very slowly, but it has stayed off for almost 6 years now. smile

bluebell1 Mon 08-Sep-08 11:34:11

My goodness 6 years largeoneplease well done thats so great.I went to get some new clothes today and hated what i saw in the changing room mirror i need to do something.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now