Talk

Advanced search

How much weight could I lose sustainably in 12 weeks?

(7 Posts)
phdlife Sat 06-Sep-08 11:30:28

And how?

only time I've ever lost weight deliberately was going gluten-free for a year, don't fancy that again, need clues...

batters Sat 06-Sep-08 11:43:45

depends how much you weigh now. If very overweight more than if just a little plump!

The general guidelines are that losing up to 2 lbs a week is fine and achievable, anything more and it is less healthy and less likely to stay off.

Having said that in 3 months I lost 2 stone but was very very fat.

phdlife Sat 06-Sep-08 20:37:36

thank you batters!

I'm not that much over, just really feeling it iykwim. Maybe 10kgs. ermmm, 20lbs? Put that way it sounds much worse!

Dior Sat 06-Sep-08 20:40:10

Message withdrawn

batters Sun 07-Sep-08 11:05:33

oh yes agree with dior, you can lose a stone in 12 weeks!

Drink lots of water. Move about as much as you can. Cut out high fat foods, fill up on salads etc.

Good luck.

BBBee Sun 07-Sep-08 11:12:51

2lbs a week would make it 24lbs - so a stone and 10lbs.

I reckon when you start a diet for the first week you lose a bit more - I reckon 2 stone would not be impossible

TigerFeet Sun 07-Sep-08 11:17:55

A lot depends on how much you weigh now. Two stone in 12 weeks should be relatively easy if you have a fair amount to lose but if you don't have much, the last few lb's can be a bugger to shift and can take a while.

Low GI is a healthy way to lose weight imo. Lots of whole foods, no refined sugars/carbs. Increase your activity levels.

Having said that, I have tried and failed so many times that I am probably not the right person to comment.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now