Talk

Advanced search

Hypnotisim - has anyone had it done?

(15 Posts)
ljcooper3 Sun 20-Feb-05 19:48:42

Hi all!

Just wondering if anyone has been hypontised (if thats how you spell it)?

I am going to see Paul Mackenia on Saturday in Earls Court, its a seminar and has had great reports in the paper and on Richard and Judy (I love that show!!!)

Just wondering if anyone has any experiences?

Lauren x

nightowl Sun 20-Feb-05 20:41:33

i went for hypnotism when i was pregnant to give up smoking and i have to say all i felt was disorientated, a bit crap and still craving. i remember everything that was said to me and just felt uncomfortable more than anything else! sorry

ljcooper3 Mon 21-Feb-05 20:32:15

Ive heard some people cannot be hypnotised for one reason or another, just hoping that I can be, otherwise its alot of money wasted!

oatcake Mon 21-Feb-05 20:35:40

had hypnotism once, to try and remedy my pregnancy sickness. just felt very self conscious throughout and bereft of £70.

charliecat Mon 21-Feb-05 20:37:42

Hi, I didnt get hypnotised to lose weight but I did to stop smoking and after a good couple of years of stopping and starting I havent had any fags for nearly 3 months now. Heard everything, still had nicotine withdrawal sensations that evening(cryed my eyes out) but have got this far and mean to go on fagless forever.
Good Luck!

makealist Mon 21-Feb-05 20:52:01

I was hypnotised to stop smoking, it cost a couple of hundred pounds too, You do remember everything you do not get put to sleep, just into a very relaxed state. You have to really want it to make it work, your brain won't let you do what you don't want (not too sure I'm making much sense here)well anyway I smoked around 30 a day for years and I haven't smoked since (5 years in jan) best money I've ever spent.....
So... I thought this will sort out my weight problem......no such luck....don't ask me why.

I have started using hypno cd's on my walkman when I go to bed, and they seem to be helping.. never seem to want to eat/pick so much the day after I've used it.

ljcooper3 Wed 23-Feb-05 08:30:43

Thanks for that guys, Im so pleased to hear that its helped you stop smoking!! Theysay youve given up until you light next one, so dont let that happen!!

Sofar the info I have been given and heard about the seminar is you are hyponised to stop eating when your full and only eat when your hungry. This is perfect for me(if it works - but I must be positve)because alot of the time I eat out of boredam.

Ive got fingers and toes crossed!!! Illlet you know how I get on

ljcooper3 Sun 27-Feb-05 17:13:49

Hi all

Well I went yesterday to see PM and it was great!! There were more people than I thought there would be (450 people) but luckily we got to sit in the front row, not that its really important because its all listening that you have to do!

Anyway, I have been eating less and have been stoping when I am satisfied (not stuffed). Now I just have to wait for the results

hub2dee Sun 27-Feb-05 18:41:42

Did you pick up his book with CD unfortunately entitled 'I can make you Thin' ? It might help to reinforce the message from the seminar.

ljcooper3 Tue 01-Mar-05 10:27:22

Yes I did, he gave it to us free, I should think so for the amount I paid to go!!!

I have been listening to it, but never get to the end as I always fall asleep.

MancMum Tue 01-Mar-05 10:37:55

how much was the seminar -- I have just bought the CD and so far it is going well... but any port in a storm etc when it comes to help!!

ljcooper3 Wed 02-Mar-05 16:51:25

It was £235, but money well spent I think! The CD is great too, Ive listened to a few times now, see how you get on with that. Have you got the book I can make you thin? Thats good too!

hub2dee Thu 03-Mar-05 08:49:36

Just out of interest, was there any comment that the 'thin' in 'I Can Make You Thin' should have really been 'slim' ?

This jarred when I looked at the book...

hub2dee Thu 03-Mar-05 08:52:35

Hey, £235 by 450 people = £105,750

One hundred grand for a day's work is kinda nice, eh...

Post in a year and advise if any weight loss / better eating habits stuck ! I'd be interested as have just bought book and am about to try the CD !!!

ljcooper3 Thu 03-Mar-05 14:39:37

Ill post in a few months and let you no how Im doing. Good Luck with the book and CD

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: