Talk

Advanced search

Is it possible to have a flat tummy after 40....

(10 Posts)
Starbear Mon 01-Sep-08 22:34:23

I'm 45 years my son is now 4 years old. I still have a big tummy with a big bit under my boobs. I'm over weight by about 2 stones.
If I lose the weight will this area ever look good?

KerryMum Mon 01-Sep-08 22:35:26

no it is not possible if you have kids late in life.

accept it. move on.

pass the ben and jerrys

Starbear Mon 01-Sep-08 22:41:27

Oh Noooooooo!Lie to me pls!!!! Must go now and have tea and cake with DH.

KerryMum Mon 01-Sep-08 22:43:00

ok. if you are madonna it is possible but she looks hideous. you look so much better all curvaceous and womanly.

Starbear Tue 02-Sep-08 08:26:37

I looked curvaceous before DS Now its just a big blob. I'm going to have ago at just exercising and looking the best I can. it might also help with my poor hips and back pain. I know I've said it before but here goes again!grin

msdemeanor Tue 02-Sep-08 08:29:10

Of course it is possible. Have you seen Cindy Crawford lately? Or Madonna. Mind you it looks like a lot of very, very hard work!

Starbear Tue 02-Sep-08 08:33:33

I'm going to have to get off that sofa and off this machine. Cindy Crawford emmmm! How much money has that cost her. All the stars have the personal trainers macro chefs, nannies and cleaners. Oh! I must get off my butt and get those things done myself. (Not the marco diet because I don't have the time or space in my head for that.
See ya later

msdemeanor Tue 02-Sep-08 08:47:32

Yes, they have much easier lives in terms of money and help, but they still have to have the discipline to not eat junk, drink lots of wine, and more importantly, they actually do the exercises, and they do stuff like get up at 5am to do them! Their personal trainer doesn't actually do the exercising for them. I also find it near impossible to find the motivation to exercise and I eat buttered malt loaf by the packetful!

KerryMum Tue 02-Sep-08 18:38:27

they are motivated by VANITY. They don't want to see pictures of themselves in the tabloids looking like lumpy lards.

They do not have to CLEAN their houses. COOK the meals. MIND their children or anything else the rest of us pedestrians have to do.

Feck a lot of them don't even do the work fgs. They get electro-stimulation of their muscles.

They also smoke, have eating disorders and are generally fucked up.

mankymummy Tue 02-Sep-08 18:43:08

i have a perfectly flat stomach and i am 41.

i am also a compulsive liar and 2 stone overweight too.

but i've still managed to bag a toy boy 11 years my junior so who cares?!

grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now