Talk

Advanced search

Have any of you managed to get slim and stay slim

(8 Posts)
Greatfun Fri 29-Aug-08 21:13:40

without following a diet or going to a slimming club, etc. I always hear people say they lost weight by being careful about what they eat but it just doesnt do it for me. I ahve about 2-3 stone to lose blush. I ahve tried every diet on earth and want some thing that works long term. Those of you who have lost weight and kept it off what did you change? Are there some things you never eat, do you only eat at certain times and do you still struggle with the urge to over eat?

tearinghairout Fri 29-Aug-08 21:24:29

I am with you, tried everything - until I bought the Paul McKenna 'I can make you thin'. It took a while, but I've lost nearly a stone and am down to my ideal weight and a size 12 for the first time in about 15 years!

As I started to lose it I felt better, so started yoga & running, which helped the weightloss IYSWIM. When I bought it it was only £5 from Amazon. Would definately recommend this system - the bloke is a hero.

It's based on eating little & often, and he helps with cravings too, and the funny thing is that once I decided to 'allow' myself chocolate every day, I found I could sometimes choose not to have it.
Good luck.

buttercreamfrosting Fri 29-Aug-08 21:41:20

The GI 'diet' and Davina worked for me! Lost 4 stone just over a year ago and have kept it off. I have found that it's changed my eating habits - it wasn't what I ate before but rather the amount. The GI works by concentrating on foods that keep yhou fuller for longer, so it's not really a diet just a sensible way of eating.
Oh and there's nothing that I won't eat either! (that's where Davina comes in!)

Greatfun Fri 29-Aug-08 21:45:05

Thanks. BCF - Where did you find out about the GI 'diet'. I ahve some vague knowledge of it but dont know where to start.

THO - I ahve found another book along the same lines about not over eating by Gill Ripley which is also good if ever you fancy a change of read but along the same vein. Just need to put it into practice! How long did it take you to lose the stone? I am assuming by going for the long term effect it will take longer rather than a quick fix diet.

buttercreamfrosting Fri 29-Aug-08 22:10:41

I'd seen the book in Tesco a few years ago blush(pre 3 dc's) but eventually did it through Tesco ediets. Actually, I found doing it via the internet very helpful actually. I liked the virtual weigh ins and being able to chart my progress. It gives you meal plans as well and has a huge recipe database.
HTH!

BBBee Sun 07-Sep-08 11:16:31

zippi has

blueskythinker Sun 07-Sep-08 12:22:30

Rubyloopy posted a great thread a few weeks ago. Really inspirational.

Greatfun Thu 18-Sep-08 22:52:09

Thanks for the link to the thread. Thats just what I am looking for. I have printed off the OPs advice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now