Talk

Advanced search

help anybody else still in maternity jeans 4 1/2 months after giving birth!!!!!!!!

(4 Posts)
storm10 Wed 27-Aug-08 19:49:12

is it just me ,or am i being a bit hard on myself.was back in my normal jeans about 2 months after my first baby,but this time its just not happening,could it be because iam still breastfeeding?sorry for the moan just feeling a bit pants about myself.grin

WilfSell Wed 27-Aug-08 20:02:55

Darling, I'm in maternity clothes one year after my third baby. And gone up some sizes too, sadly.

Am also breastfeeding. I keep losing and gaining the same few pounds and am convinced BF means my body is hanging on to the fat just in case (that and am still starving!)

You could try some stomach exercises as it may be the muscles as well as extra layers?

Give yourself a year and then reassess...

storm10 Wed 27-Aug-08 20:14:24

glad iam not alone ,totally agree with the breast feeding situation ,iam sure i read many women find they cant lose weight untill they stop feeding,all these celeb's claiming there weight just fell off because they were feeding,what a load of rubbish!!!.will take heart it might take longer than before .will go and do a few sit ups nowgrin thanks

yomellamoHelly Wed 27-Aug-08 20:45:33

I didn't get back into my pre-pg clothes for 18 months after ds1. Despite going to gym 3-4 times a week from when he was 6 weeks. Saw a personal trainer about it who told me not to be too hard on myself since it had taken her 2 years!
With ds2 it took 2 weeks, though I still had lots of left over skin hanging over the top. (Nice grin !)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now