Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Is this a record? I am the worst dieter EVER

(3 Posts)
charliegal Thu 21-Aug-08 16:00:56

Yesterday I got India Knight's 'Idiotproof Diet' out of the library. Fired with enthusiasm, I informed DP that there would be no more cake eating in this house and did a shop buying nuts, tofu, unsweetened soya milk and the like.

Go to bed hungry, feel virtuous.

This afternoon after breakfast of scrambled eggs- by themself! I nearly cried, lunch of avocado salad, tofu and snacks of nuts and parmasan cheese, I realise....
vegetarians cannot do low carb diets.

Go to Sainsburys and buy a bread roll and bar of Green and Blacks. Normality resumed.

Realise that I am thinner than India and Neris in their 'After' pictures. Smile.

Curses on diets!

bonnyb1 Thu 21-Aug-08 22:42:01

I completely agree that veggies can't do low carb, Charliegal. You will end up eating your own slippers.

Personally I found slimming world really good cos you can consume your own body weight in pasta, rice and potatoes yet still lose weight. It's easy to follow when you get into it, i managed to lose 2 and a half stone in a year, and I loathe dieting.

And you can drink vodka on it........

Ledodgy Thu 21-Aug-08 22:48:54

I agree with Bonny, Slimming World is fab for veggies. I do almost all green days which is full of carbs and have lost nearly 4 stone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now