Talk

Advanced search

Advice please - which one?

(6 Posts)
1legmummy Sat 16-Aug-08 21:53:46

Right I need to lose at least 3 stone.

I had my right leg taken due to disability and now my left leg is in the same state.

I am overweight and I know this does not help my poor leg, maybe if I lost weight it would save it - miracles have happened

I need advice on what to do, I had tried just about every slimming club - twice

Been thinking lighterlife - any suggestions? advice?

babyjjbaby Sat 16-Aug-08 22:08:25

personally i wouldn't do lighter life [the one with milksahkes?] as i realy do not see how u can keep the weight off once u have lost it have u done slimming world as i find it works for me and u don't have to do exercise to lose weight on it tried and tested and as it is more of a healthy eatingplan than diet u can maintain ur weight when u r happy with ur terget weight hope u find one which works for u smile

1legmummy Sat 16-Aug-08 22:10:22

Yes I did slimming world and did really well on it - maybe I should give it another go.

Anyone done ok on slimfast? I have two tubs in my cupboard

chocolatespiders Sun 17-Aug-08 09:45:41

could you start by replacing one meal with slimfast and maybe work up to 2...

cambridge diet is cheaper than lighterlife, there is a thread on here somewhere...

hercules1 Sun 17-Aug-08 09:50:31

I lost 3 1/2 stone in 3 1/2 months last year on cambridge diet and felt really good on it with loads of energy. I've since put on 1 stone over a year and currently losing it using slimming world - cant afford cambridge now but would do it if I had the money.

ThePenguinProject Sun 17-Aug-08 21:52:48

I did lighterlife. I lost 3 stone in 3 months from Aug 06 - Oct 06 as promised. However I'd put two stone of that back on again by the time I got pregnant in Sept 07. sad Honestly I can say that LL works BUT when you go back to normal eating, you'll put the weight back on....it costs about £65 a week and you do not have anything to eat except shakes/soups/bars, 4 a day (max of one bar). Water, black coffee and mint tea ok, nothing else. Works out at 500 cal a day and is low carb so you go into ketosis.

Even though it works, I wouldn't do it again. Not eating for 3 months requires you to be fairly obsessive and it certainly limits your social life! It also didn't mean that anything except my weight had changed after 3 months, so whilst I certainly ate less for a while, I didn't change to healthier habits.

If you are confident that you can keep the weight off after losing it, then LL may be for you and good luck! (Prepare to be bored though). I'm breastfeeding, so it's the old smaller portions, more fruit & veg and lots of exercise route for me. Hopefully it'll work for me long term this time....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now