Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else got a bodyfat set of scales? How do you find it?

(7 Posts)
piffle Tue 15-Feb-05 09:18:32

We are doing GI, about 95% Dh has more weight to lose (about 1.5 stone) and I could lose half a stone but do not "need" to in a health sense IYSWIM
Now these scales were on special and we desp needed some accurate ones so we got them Tanita ones they are
Super duper,
I am slightly over the 21-33% women are supposed to be, so how do I reduce it when already on a pretty healthy diet? It varies from 1-3% everyday and it is making me paranoid!
I walk 2 miles every second day and walk the dog etc, assumed I was doing enough?

Evesmama Tue 15-Feb-05 09:20:14

got some and am disgustred with my level of bodyfat, so wish id never bought them

Lowryn Tue 15-Feb-05 09:23:28

DH bought some and I daren't go on them at the moment. I was pounced on in town and someone did a similar electronic pulse through your body type of measurement, and I came out as overweight according to the scale...ugh.
So did DH though (ha)
I am 38% (gasp)

lunavix Tue 15-Feb-05 09:23:44

I have them (dp's gran got them for christmas)

At 5'3 and 9 stone 4 I know I'm not obese, but am actually still classed as a bit overweight as I am short (my excuse is a big chest )

My bmi (they told me at weightwatchers) is 23 or 24 which is okay, but my scales told me I'm 43% bodyfat when I should be under 20!

Ignored bodyfat advice from then on...

piffle Tue 15-Feb-05 09:26:55

ahhh
bmi gives me a perfect 22 I'm 5ft 6 and 9st 10
bodyfat scales give me 35% which freaked me out as I am what I would term to be really healthy!
DH has now started a competition as to who can reduce bodyfat the fastest and I want to win!
But perhaps I'll just ignore it...

Evesmama Tue 15-Feb-05 09:29:09

yeah, our keeps alternating for both me and dp???

lunavix Tue 15-Feb-05 10:10:48

Mine changes too I get on in one minute and I'm 9st 4, next minute I'm 9st 7, next I'm 8 st 13!

Thing that bugs me most of all is it gave dp a really good bmi so it's not just warped, but I'm still not impressed!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now