Talk

Advanced search

Anyone done the drop a jean size kellogs diet??

(19 Posts)
ImuststopdrinkingBlossomhill Mon 14-Feb-05 13:51:23

I am seriously considering doing this as I can just about manage to squeeze into my size 12's and have a rack of lovely size 10 trousers I want to wear.

Gwenick Mon 14-Feb-05 13:52:43

I was wondering about it too......just BOUGHT a load of size 10 stuff, even though I'm a 12 at the moment just to inspire myself

kama Mon 14-Feb-05 13:57:29

Message withdrawn

ImuststopdrinkingBlossomhill Mon 14-Feb-05 14:03:18

You also eat 2 dinners a day though Kama. God there is no way I could survive on 2 bowls of cereal. I'd die!

Twiglett Mon 14-Feb-05 14:06:33

I thought it was cereal for breakfast and lunch then a healthy balanced meal in the evening?

Gwenick Mon 14-Feb-05 14:06:41

I thought it was just one 'normal' meal a day not 2??

ImuststopdrinkingBlossomhill Mon 14-Feb-05 14:22:20

Yes it is 1 meal and 2 bowls of cereal a day.
Details here

Twiglett Mon 14-Feb-05 14:27:03

think I might do it .. but use porridge

Demented Mon 14-Feb-05 14:50:49

Would this not just be a short-term fix? Would the weight not just go back on the minute you start eating normally again, possibly even plus some because after feeling deprived we tend to gorge (or I do anyway)?

Never tried it so could be wrong but 1000 cals a day kama talks about sounds very low. IMO might be worth it to fit into a certain dress for a special event.

FineFigureFio Mon 14-Feb-05 14:59:22

on average you have to lose 16lb to drop a dress size. i think it would be almost impossible, unless you had chronic food poisining and had given birth to twins, to lose that much in a fortnight

Surfermum Mon 14-Feb-05 15:01:23

I tried it and lasted until 1pm on day one. I had my second bowl of cereal, thought sod this I'm hungry and pigged out. I have zero will power when it comes to food at the moment though. I think Demented is probably not demented though and is right in what she says about it being a quick fix.

lalaa Mon 14-Feb-05 15:08:19

Just done it.
Lost 4lbs in 5 days then got stuck.
Was starving for the first three days then got used to it.
You can eat all your normal snacks as well as the cereal, so it doesn't take you down too far in terms of calories.
It's quite difficult to do in the cold weather, I think, and I got a stinking cold four days in, which completely messed up my exercise (and probably contributed to me only losing weight for the first few days).
The thing about eating Kellogs cereals when you do this is that they are fortified with all the right vits and minerals that you'll miss by not eating a balanced lunch. So if you're going to eat porridge instead, take a good multi vit too is my advice.
Didn't make it down a dress size, but did give myself a big wake up call and am now eating more sensibly, and no-where near the amount of sugary foods I was eating previously.
Also, worth pointing out that Kellogs recommend that you have to have a BMI of 25 or above to do it. So depending on your height, those of you seeking to go down to a size 10 might be better off looking at an alternative.
I'm doing more GI stuff now, and going to the gym 4 times a week. That will really shift it!

ImuststopdrinkingBlossomhill Mon 14-Feb-05 15:44:18

They said I had a body mass of 21. Still feel like I could lose a couple of pound though as you can def. pinch more than an inch

Gwenick Mon 14-Feb-05 16:40:50

16lb to lose a dress size NO WAY!!! I've lost
8lb since having DS2 (5lbs since New year ) and have alrady dropped from a 'snug' 14 to a comfortable 12..........

Gwenick Mon 14-Feb-05 16:41:45

they say I've got a BMI of 26 (which is an improvement of last time I checked on one of those things and it was 28)

Grommit Mon 14-Feb-05 17:06:44

I did it for a while but got sooo bored. Went back to Weightwatchers! But, I did buy a new pair of Trousers and a skirt last week and they were a size 10 - still feel fat though

purpleturtle Mon 14-Feb-05 17:19:20

it is only supposed to be a kick-start, rather than a long-term plan. I wouldn't stand a chance; I'd be too hungry.

tallulah Mon 14-Feb-05 17:43:29

I did this & finished the 2 weeks last weekend. Weight didn't shift at all but waist went down by 2 " Presumably thats what they mean by going down a jeans size?

ImuststopdrinkingBlossomhill Wed 16-Feb-05 09:45:57

Got my box of crunchy nut and am going to start today

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now