Talk

Advanced search

india knight - anyone got the allowed foods list?

(36 Posts)
padboz Tue 12-Aug-08 22:40:02

just bought the book from ebay - want to get started now though - would like the phase one list if you have it please?

padboz Wed 13-Aug-08 15:40:30

bump?

toadette Wed 13-Aug-08 16:31:30

Here's list I made out of meals when I tried it out before. Their website pig2twig might be helpful too.

India Knight’s Diet

Breakfasts
- Bacon, egg, mushroom, tomato
- Sausage, egg, mushroom, tomato
- Smoked salmon, cream cheese, lemon, black pepper

- Buttered kippers
- Cold meats, cheese, tomato, avocado
- Omelette, frittata
- Poached egg on ham/spinach with hollandaise sauce

- Greek yoghurt and berries

Lunches
- Prawn cocktail and salad with lemon
- Omelette/frittata
- Steak and salad
- Salade nicoise
- Chicken salad
- Fishcake and salad
- Caesar salad
- Creamy soup
- Poached egg and salad
- Guacamole with crudités
- Mozzarella, tomato and basil salad

Dinners
- Chilli con carne /vegetable chilli (without kidney beans) served with soured cream, guacamole, cheese and salad/vegetables

- Steak, sauce and stir-fried vegetables

- Fish (including shellfish) with stirfried vegetables

- Chicken satay with vegetables

- Omelette

- Indian Curry with vegetable side dish

- Chinese dish with vegetable side dish (no rice)

- Roast chicken, beef, pork with vegetables

- Casserole with salad

- Grilled mushrooms with cheese and salad

- Thai green or red curry with stirfried vegetables

- Soups

- Chinese Foo young (no rice)

Drinks
- Water, lemon
- Herbal tea
- Decaff tea/ coffee with double cream
- Gin/vodka with slimline mixers (after 2 week induction)
- Carb-free drinks

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

toadette Wed 13-Aug-08 16:43:29

Just realised some of those foods not suitable for phase one, eg berries. Will try to dig out book and post list of phase one foods.

toadette Wed 13-Aug-08 16:51:13

Hope this helps!

-Meat, any kind but ensure sausages have a high meat content
-Eggs (organic free-range recommended)
-Fish, any kind including canned
-Mayo if not loaded with sugar (check label)
-Olive oil and ground nut oil
-Vinegar except balsamic
-Peanut butter with no added sugar
-double cream
-butter
-herbs and spices
-nuts (if you can manage just to have a few at a time, if not then wait until after phase one)
-vegetables except potatoes, carrots, corn and peas
-avocadoes
-tomatoes (in moderation eg half a tomato with breakfast)
-cheeses, any type

padboz Thu 14-Aug-08 10:05:34

ooooh - toadette - you are fab that must have taken you ages.

I've just been bumbling along making it up and can see I've been eating too many tomatoes. Book should arrive in the post tomottow I expect - thanks - thats great.

toadette Thu 14-Aug-08 11:34:21

Good luck with the plan, padboz. Think I might give it a try again myself, I've never been able to last the duration of phase one due to being nightmare carb addictblush. Would like to lose 7-10lbs though so feel inspired to give it another shot. How are you getting on today?

padboz Thu 14-Aug-08 12:02:12

Go for it toadette - we can do it together

I'm a size 16 atm and I dont really care what I weigh - I want to be a size twelve. I'm a serious apple since the babies came along so I think I might need to lose a lot to fit into my pre baby jeans - possibly I will need to weigh less than I did when I was in them to deal with the total change in body shape. Might have to exercise... nasty.

I had bacon and mushrooms this morning - with several cherry tomatoes.... slap wrist.
Will have a rocket watercress and chicken salad for lunch.
Chinese turkey steaks and cabbage tonight. Does that sound like I'm on the right track?

are beansprouts OK in the induction, do you know?

toadette Thu 14-Aug-08 12:21:33

Sounds like you're on the right track, padboz. Bizarre as it sounds, you may need to add in more dairy and good fats though! India recommends embracing good fats so e.g. can add a bit of cheese and/or dressing to your salad. Beansprouts are fine on phase one, as is cabbage.

I'll give the plan another go then too. Only problem is that we're away on holidays for a few days now and also for a week from next Wednesday. Will do my best but will probably be a 'relaxed' version until I get back home and can stock up the fridge and cupboards to do it properly.

I run regularly so exercise is no problem but my major weaknesses when losing weight are snacking (I'm a horrendous picker!) and wine. This plan should be perfect for tackling those as the high-protein meals fill you up and alcohol is banned for first two weeks, yikes. I'm starting to hang out over the waistband of my jeans, muffin-top stylee, NOT a flattering look so time to address it!

padboz Thu 14-Aug-08 12:57:27

oooh - holidays - cant give up wine on holidays. Against the law. :D

I just had to straighten my back reading about the muffin top thing - I've tucked mine back into my belt for safe keeping

I put a bit of olive oil on the salad - how much cheese? Hope the book arrives tomorrow - quite enthusiastic now.

toadette Thu 14-Aug-08 13:36:02

Doesn't really state quantities of cheese as such..just don't go overboardwink!

It's a good book, quite interesting for a diet book really. They write honestly about the weight struggles they have had in the past etc and what helped motivate them this time.

By the way, don't forget to drink plenty of water. They recommend around 8 glasses a day so might find peeing quite a lot first few days grin

Yayyy, let's blast those muffin tops to oblivion, pow!

padboz Fri 15-Aug-08 09:13:11

Blimey - I've been on this two and a half days and lost 4 pounds and my trousers feel more comfortable! Im really impressed. Im not daft enougho think that its fat - presumably its all water, but I feel less bloated, I've not been hungry and I think this might actually work for me

Books arrived too

suzywong Fri 15-Aug-08 09:35:57

hello everyone on the IPD

I want to shout encouragement through a megaphone at you
I lost a 16lbs in 10 weeks and in the end of phase 2 it's coming off nice and easy at a pound a week or thereabouts. Just another 4lbs to go.

I find I am NEVER hungry
that all refined carbohydrate no long seems like food therefore I have no interest in eating it. I ADORE the allowed foods so it's all good.

And as for phase 3 and maintainence I can see that being very manageable in terms of making good choices about eating the occasional other off-list item: having a slice of exquisite Italian chocolate cake and a glass of amaretto once a fortnight rather than a jumbo bag of minstrels and a can of strongbow or having a starter size serve of very good and fat laden pasta and staying on track for the rest of the meal in an Italian restaurant.

And remember it isn't a diet but a Way Of Eating and perfectly possible to keep to phase 3 for the rest of your slender life.

So stick to it, keep at it and DRINK YOUR WATER!!!!!

and check out the extremely helpful and inspiring forum

wheresthehamster Fri 15-Aug-08 09:47:15

This looks like it might be the one for me.

BUT - are potatoes a complete no no? I love fried up mashed potato which I think is my downfall. Need to lose at least 2st to start with and have been thinking about Slimming World but then I saw this thread. I've never heard of the book but will go and look at it today on your recommendations!

suzywong Fri 15-Aug-08 09:56:23

yep
you can kiss potatoes goodbye
you may have them once you reach your goal weight but only once a fortnight.

Celeriac mash with lots of cream and fried in butter is OK though.

wheresthehamster Fri 15-Aug-08 10:03:03

What about yams? <clutches at straws>

padboz Fri 15-Aug-08 10:05:41

oooh - suzywong - thats really encouraging! I'm just trying to get back into my pre baby clothes so 16 pounds would probably do it. It would be amazing to be happy to go shopping again by Christmas

hamster - try it, seriously, the weirdest thing (and I may be on an enthusiasm high at the moment - I'll let you know ) is that white bread suddenly looks 'wrong'. I feel like I've been bloated forever and suddenly I'm not.

I ate mushrooms with ham and mozzeralla this morning - I'm stuffed and can see no reason why I wont be until lunchtime when I'm having leftover turkey stirfry from last night. I really feel like I've stumbled on something great.

low carbs - this is interesting ....

www.bbc.co.uk/science/horizon/2004/atkinstrans.shtml

wheresthehamster Fri 15-Aug-08 10:23:53

Interesting link.

I'm off to Waterstones to check out the book.

suzywong Fri 15-Aug-08 10:31:39

padboz, it IS encourging!
I will encourage you through phase 1, you can do it. And then it all just starts to fall off and it's wonderful.

I don't know how it would be if one was a tad larger and had months and months to go on phase 2, but shifting a stone and a half in 3 months and learning to maintain it can't be bad.

Do drink the water
Do the walking

I didn't do the fancy supplements, just a multivit with fish oil and extra B vitamins.

Do make sure you serve yourself green veg daily, a huge bunch of spinach cleaned and trimmed and wilted in a pan with a little water then dressed with cream and parmesan will do the trick, or shred some cabbage and blanch it first in boiling water for a couple of minutes then stir fry it in sesame oil with ginger and garlic.

Good luck to you, I shall keep my slender eye on this thread and do go on the forum and put a shout out for a buddy starting on the same week as you as that REALLY helps.

suzywong Fri 15-Aug-08 10:32:57

no, no yams

butternut squash and pumpkins, yes

WideWebWitch Fri 15-Aug-08 10:57:16

Go and register on their site pig2twig, the search box is brilliant and always gives you the answer on the allowed list.

oysterpots Fri 15-Aug-08 14:52:04

this sounds really interesting, but can you do it if you're vegetarian? I've always thought the low carb diets don't really work unless you are a meataholic?

suzywong Sun 17-Aug-08 06:21:09

you want to be fat and ethical or svelt and self-serving?
your choice

toadette Sun 17-Aug-08 13:44:29

Suzywong, your weight loss on this so far is inspirational, well done smile

Padboz, how's it going? I'm still hoping to start phase one when I get back from hols at end of August.

padboz Mon 18-Aug-08 08:54:48

Suzy : I should have said at the time, well done!

oyster - well if you can survive on massive quantities of tofu it could be done. Theres lots of cheese too, but really, for me the thing is that all the meat fills you up.

toadette - I've lost 6 pounds! No effort, no hunger! Its bloody marvellous. I'm eating what I always ate minus the potatoes and bread. Breakfast is a bit of an odd one - I've settled on smoked haddock and a poached egg though. That works for me House stinks grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now