Talk

Advanced search

Tips welcome. I need some company on this thread or I'll never do it. 11 months to lose weight for my wedding. Want to drop about 2-3 dress sizes, and lose about 3-4 stone.. PLEASE HELP ME AND JOIN ME

(5 Posts)
Kaedsmum Sat 09-Aug-08 11:37:16

Ok so I'm new to this bit. I lsot 5 stone, then got pregnant and put it all back on. When I had the baby I'd become a size 20. I am now down to a 14-16 and he is 13 weeks old. I've been dieting since he was 2 days old. Though not extreme. I'll still have a pizza, pie or chocolate here and there.

I need some support. And some tips. Last time I cut out wheat and dairy and it worked for me, but this time I don't want to do that... so what can I do to lose weight?

And is anyone else dieting for their wedding?

twoboots Sat 09-Aug-08 18:01:53

I hate to quote the hv's and my excellent midwfe (who runs the postnatal swimming class class) but, with a balanced diet and regular exercise it can take a year to get back to your prenatal weight. Are you breastfeeding? I have found that my tummy and thighs have slimmed down, but my hips and ass have remained!

Kaedsmum Sun 10-Aug-08 13:51:36

I'm not bfing. The weight does seem to be coming off pretty fast but I don't want to fall off the food wagon... wagon wheel so to speak! And end up huge for my wedding. Can't afford a gym membership so what exercise could I do?

twoboots Sun 10-Aug-08 16:46:45

If your pelvic floor is strong and your hv/gp approve then spinning is excellent exericse, burns 500 calories a pop, they run a class at one of my local leisure centres. I'm a big fan of swimming, my postnatal class (again at the local pool involves, 30 minutes of an intense aqua-aerobics session then a 20-30 minute swim. Carrying your baby in a carrier will burn extra calories, when you walk round the shops/park/house (its free). Pushy mothers are a group who do exericse with buggies indoors and out, check out their website for price. Yoga and pilates are good for toning, you dont need to go to a class, get a DVD. Sorry to prattle on, not that I do the above every week, but I try to do something 3 times a week.

SheikYerbouti Sun 10-Aug-08 17:15:53

Kaedsmum, come and join the Boiuti sheiking thread - I am willing to KICK ASS

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now