Talk

Advanced search

Exercises to remove my spare tyre!!

(4 Posts)
thequietone Tue 05-Aug-08 09:16:28

I've got only about 5lb to lose to get to pre-pregnancy weight again. The top half of my body's pretty OK (apart from the whopping breasts as I'm BFing). Any ideas on exercises to tone and lose this extra bit on the sides and stomach? I've a diastasis (sp?) about 3 fingers wide, and found that conventional crunches are making things worse...I'm tired of my stomach sticking out further than my breasts!!

ThePettyandIllinformedGoat Tue 05-Aug-08 09:18:47

get a referral to a physio to get some advice. i think you need to do some core strenghening exercises. pilates is v. good for this but a physio would be best place to start to stop you worsening the prob. your gp can refer you.

thequietone Tue 05-Aug-08 09:24:36

Thanks, TPaIIG. A bit more tricky over here (Germany). I'm useless at the language, but will give it a try. DH is going to the physio soon for something different, so might tag along.

TillyScoutsmum Tue 05-Aug-08 09:29:28

I'm not sure about what's safe with a diastasis, so best check with GP or HV (or German equivalent) but I've been working my way through a couple of sets of each of these a few times a week and it seems to have done the trick (apart from the wrinkly skin sad)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now