Talk

Advanced search

IM SOOOO HUNGRY!!!!

(48 Posts)
Evesmama Fri 11-Feb-05 09:34:36

had an iffy week and trying to sort myself out now before weighing on mon, but am absoluley starving!!!!
had big bowl of ready brek for breakfast about an hour ago and even that didnt fill me

WigWamBam Fri 11-Feb-05 09:51:34

If you're hungry, you must eat. Make it something healthy though - a piece of fruit, a yoghurt or something.

If you don't eat something sensible, you'll probably run amok later and eat the fridge, and then you would be even more .

Evesmama Fri 11-Feb-05 09:53:27

i know, but its 10 to 10 and i really fancy a jacket potato!!!!!(am vaguly going by s.w eating plan, so will prob be on green day)
thats just greedy isnt it

Yorkiegirl Fri 11-Feb-05 09:54:54

Message withdrawn

WigWamBam Fri 11-Feb-05 09:55:06

I think you might have to resist the jacket potato for a little while! Have a banana sandwich or something, it'll fill you up and give you an energy boost.

Evesmama Fri 11-Feb-05 09:55:56

it will but i feel like a big pig wanting that this early..and my scales show a gain so far too so thats getting me down

Evesmama Fri 11-Feb-05 09:57:18

its all about control isnt it!, but i have this fat woman inside me, saying, go on..just have it..then the slim woman ive always dreamed of being is flinging my nearly brown bananas at me

WigWamBam Fri 11-Feb-05 09:58:03

Silly question, but are you actually eating enough? The last slimming club I went to, I was told off for trying too hard and not eating enough - when I actually ate all the calories I was meant to eat, I lost 4lb after having eaten less for the three previous weeks and not lost a sausage.

Evesmama Fri 11-Feb-05 10:00:09

i dont know???
normal day..bowl of ready brek for break fast, bowl of ready brek for lunch, jacket potato with Spagetti shapes(1/2 of dd's small tin)for tea, banana, maybe a yogurt??

Evesmama Fri 11-Feb-05 10:00:38

am really worried about putting on again and really want this to work

WigWamBam Fri 11-Feb-05 10:02:28

That doesn't sound like much, I don't think you're eating enough. At the Rosemary Conley classes, no-one starts on less than 1400 calories, and then if you're over 14 stone, you have 100 calories per stone (so at 16 stone you'd have 1600, at 18 stone you'd have 1800), with 1800 being the maximum.

You need to eat more.

Yorkiegirl Fri 11-Feb-05 10:03:40

Message withdrawn

Evesmama Fri 11-Feb-05 10:14:13

the clubs dont help
and i know s.w inside out, its just i 'need' to get a lot of weight shifted and maybe need to look at what im eating.
i wont have anything now and try to wait till 11.30-12.00 when dd has hers

WigWamBam Fri 11-Feb-05 10:16:30

If you don't eat enough, your body will hang on to everything it gets, and you won't lose weight. The bigger you are the more you need to eat. You need to be eating more calories.

Kayleigh Fri 11-Feb-05 10:18:04

It really doesn't sound to me like you're eating enough. Am pretty sure I couldn't last till early evening on two bowls of cereal. I have done s/w before and on a green day you could be eating loads more than this and still lose weight. The whole point of s/w is not to go hungry.

yoyo Fri 11-Feb-05 10:18:32

There is no way I could cope on what you are eating. No wonder you feel so hungry. I would be thinking of the next mouthful all day. Do try and eat more - fill up on healthy stuff like fruit and veg.

Yorkiegirl Fri 11-Feb-05 10:19:07

Message withdrawn

Evesmama Fri 11-Feb-05 10:20:30

yeah, i suppose your right, i think ill have spaghetti on toast for lunch with a yog instead of porridge and have the jacket potato for tea, then i wont feel so hungry going to bed

Evesmama Fri 11-Feb-05 10:21:01

over 2 years ago yorkie, went on and of for year before then

Yorkiegirl Fri 11-Feb-05 10:22:15

Message withdrawn

WigWamBam Fri 11-Feb-05 10:26:45

You need to have fruit and veg too - you could have them as snacks between your meals to keep yourself from getting too hungry.

Evesmama Fri 11-Feb-05 10:34:05

dont have much in though as going shopping in morning.
ill be okay, ill have spag on toast for dinner in an hour and that should fill me up

Evesmama Fri 11-Feb-05 10:44:35

am off to do my lunch early as its all i can think about
thanks for your advice

Evesmama Fri 11-Feb-05 10:50:25

well thats the banana gone!..dd's just pinched it off me , i think shes trying to help me slim!!

WigWamBam Fri 11-Feb-05 10:57:30

I think you need to go shopping, evesmama, get stacks of fruit, veg and healthy food in! Perhaps you could have a look on the SW website and see what kind of foods you can have that are syn free, or low in syns, to give you some idea of what you could be eating to stop yourself being hungry. My sister has lost nearly 4 stone on SW, there are stacks of syn-free snacks she can have and she has never once felt hungry. Maybe you should go back to SW, even if it's only for long enough to get your head round the new diet, and see how much food you really should be eating - my sister eats stacks, she really does.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: