Talk

Advanced search

I desperately need to lose weight before fri15th to get into special outfit.... I know quick fix diets arent big or clever but can someone recommend something please????!!!!

(23 Posts)
lunavix Sat 02-Aug-08 19:36:05

Need to wear an outfit on the 15th that I'm currently 7lb - a stone too heavy to wear. I know that these diets aren't maintainable and you put it all straight back on etc etc but I HAVE to do this. Simply can't just stop eating as I am working 12.5 hour days this week and will most likely pass out in this heat (work on feet and walk a lot too)

Any suggestions? I know it needs to be drastically low cal but examples??

Wisp Sat 02-Aug-08 19:52:26

Low carb?
As soon as you hit ketosis, your down about 5lbs, and have an instantly flatter tummy. You'll be able to eat alot too, but just not any carbs hmm There's the possibility of feeling crap for 3 days as your body adjusts, but it does shift weight fast.

MissFortune Sat 02-Aug-08 19:58:30

sample menu wisp?

Moomin Sat 02-Aug-08 20:04:19

Why this outfit particularly? What's the occasion?

Is it really worth starving yourself and feeling crap on the run-up....?

And can you live with the idea that you will end up putting more back on after as your body copes with recovering from starvation mode?

(Feel free to ignore me of course grin)

ANTagony Sat 02-Aug-08 20:07:31

Decent structured undies

Wisp Sat 02-Aug-08 20:08:47

Well on an Atkins induction you would have a maximum of 20 grams of carbs per day.

So eggs galore, meats, butter, olive oil,mayonnaise all salad leaves,other low carb veg ( broccoli, peppers, tomatoes etc) no starchy veg (potato, carrots, parsnips etc)
No sugar, no wheat/bread, rice pasta etc, but when I did it, I ate the most delicious food and loved it , but my penchant for sugar laden crap saw and end to it after a couple of months blush

lunavix Sat 02-Aug-08 21:03:21

Okay so basically... going to a festival that weekend and will need to fit in four days of outfits. ex-p and I are debating getting back together, and we are going with all his friends who I have never met, so I want to look half decent. I've put on a stone in four weeks blush and I fit into NONE of my clothes as I haven't been this big since just post-dd birth. And I mean NONE of my clothes. So I have eyed up some skirts and quarterlengths that fit me four weeks ago, and that is the goal.
Normally I'd say no it's not, and buy slightly bigger clothes. But I will be going back to sensible healthy diet upon return so refuse to buy larger clothes now (plus can't afford not to) and as it's four days worth of clothes I need def. can't afford to.

it's worth starving imo! When I put it back on straight away it won't bother me because I can work it off properly afterwards.

lunavix Sat 02-Aug-08 21:04:43

Wisp - what sort of meals did you eat? Can you use it as the basis for a normal menu and bulk it up a bit for kids?

It will be either tomorrow or monday start till Thurs week after (maybe including fri as travelling time) so I need at least 11 - 13 days of idea....

SilkCutMama Sat 02-Aug-08 21:05:50

Ok - this sounds totally mad but I promise you it works

You eat a swiss roll every day - from the moment you wake up until dinner time. Then you are allowed to eat something like beans on toast or mackerel and salad. (basically, somehthing you know is good)

The fact that you are allowed to eat a whole swiss roll a day makes it feel like total pleasure!!

Also, make sure you walk as much as poss if you can

lunavix Sat 02-Aug-08 21:07:38

swiss roll? As in them cakey things????

hmm I'm not sure I don't like cake lol.

SilkCutMama Sat 02-Aug-08 21:08:57

Are you kidding me? A sure fire way to lose weight that involves a whole cake a day????????????????????????????

grin

theinsider Sat 02-Aug-08 21:09:28

I don't think you need anything too faddy.

Just...

Absolutely no alcohol

Strictly 1200 calories a day. Breakfast 200, lunch and dinner 500. Add plenty of fruit for snacks and lots of water.

Plenty of exercise.

You should be able to drop at least 7lb in nearly two weeks, possibly more. Weigh everything and calculate calorie content with an onlonie calorie counter. A pain indefinitely but you sound pretty motivated and that's the main thing.

lunavix Sat 02-Aug-08 21:17:59

okay how about this

the online chemical diet

Key information:

All food must be boiled, steamed, grilled or smoked.
No added fat.
No salad dressing.
You may use lemon and vinegar.
All tea and coffee must be taken black, you can have as much of this as you like.
You are NOT allowed to eat anything between meals. This includes fruit.
You can drink as much water as you want.
Diet drinks and saccharin are permitted.
Meals should be taken in the correct order.
When making vegetable salad, use any vegetable you like.
Breakfast is the same every morning: ONE slice of toast, grapefruit and black coffee. You can't subsitute grapefruit for another fruit...
MONDAY
LUNCH Cold meats and tomatoes
DINNER Fish and salad

TUESDAY
LUNCH Fruit
DINNER Steak, green salad, celery and olives

WEDNESDAY
LUNCH Tuna, salad, slice of dry toast
DINNER 2 lamb chops, salad

THURSDAY
LUNCH Chicken, Dry toast
DINNER Dry toast, 2 poached eggs, cottage cheese

FRIDAY
LUNCH Dry toast, cheese, spinach
DINNER Fish and salad

SATURDAY
LUNCH Fresh fruit salad
DINNER Grilled steak and salad

SUNDAY
LUNCH Hot roast chicken with cooked cabbage and carrots. NO POTATOES
DINNER Cold roast chicken and salad

however I'll change it a little... won't have fish maybe some form of pules (I don't eat fish)

And I'll eat an apple before every meal, and also snack on fruit.

I know the point of this diet is you follow it strictly but I NEED fruit.

Wisp Sat 02-Aug-08 22:09:05

What you've just posted seems quite low carb, and its definitely low fat, so should work well.Fruit is full of sugar though, so I can why why its been limited.

Lunavix- I survived on omlettes for breakfast, cheese salads with watercress and tomato and olives for lunch with mayo and,for dinner I had low carb soup,or tofu stir fry and for snacks nibbled on cheese, nuts and peanut butter on celery sticks. Oh and loads of coffee with double cream. I'm veggie though, so if you eat meat, there's loads more options!!

I ate differently from the family,as most dinners just weren't compatible with Atkins. After a few weeks, despite great weight loss, just couldn't keep it up. Doing Weightwatchers now.

Lots of exercise too whatever diet you do, if you don't want to go low carb, count calories, loads of veg and fruit and water.

You have a great incentive to shift some poundage for the festival- sounds great fun

giddykipper Sun 03-Aug-08 09:48:04

Are you going to do that diet lunavix? I might be tempted to be your buddy. I need to kickstart a diet in a serious way.

aGalChangedHerName Sun 03-Aug-08 10:00:01

I lost 6lbs in my 1st week at Scottish Slimmers. It was really easy.

No alcohol at all.
Loads of water.
2 bits fruit each day.
Halved my carb intake.
Halved my protein portion.
As much veg as i could eat.
No crap,cakes/crisps etc.

I did no excersise tho so i could have lost more had i got off my arse i reckon.

cluelessnchaos Sun 03-Aug-08 10:22:32

special k diet, 2 bowls for 2 weeks, instead of brek and lunch.

lunavix Sun 03-Aug-08 20:04:57

giddykipper - i think i will.

I'm going to add an apple before each meal (I heard it helps burn fat or something, not sure, but I need fruit during the day.)

And I won't be eating fish either. Don't know whether to sub with chicken or just leave it out! Spose I could eat tuna... hmm..

giddykipper Mon 04-Aug-08 19:54:31

Gah! Well, I did well until tea time when I had steak and chips hmm. Was lovely though. I had forgotten how much I hate grapefruit. I think the problem with this plan is that I was starving after breakfast and lunch, so when faced with a pub menu I couldn't resist. Willpower zero.

missblythe Mon 04-Aug-08 20:00:09

Do Slim-Fast.

It's boring as hell, but you just don't have anything except the 2 shakes and a couple of pieces of fruit all day, then you have something like chicken and salad/salmon and brocolli, but no carbs for tea.

It works, because it's v low-cal, and teh shakes are weirdly filling so you don't get as mega-starving as you wouldb expect.

I always do it for teh week before a holiday; will be starting it again ina week's time, in fact.

lunavix Tue 05-Aug-08 16:27:47

oh i may try that then.

Tried the one above and failed - exp brought pizza around blush

I was starving though, I only had an apple for breakfast lol as I didn't have any grapefruit, then I had chicken and salad for lunch. Had great willpower was planning tuna and salad for dinner but tescos didnt arrive till nearly 11 and I was broken.

Today ate the grapefruit for breakfast and chicken salad for lunch - trying to fill up on diet fizzy drinks don't even know if they are allowed!

May try slimfast. Ready made or powder? Think the strawb one was nice when my mum did it in the 80s grin

SheSellsSeashellsByTheSeashore Tue 05-Aug-08 16:29:18

my sis did slimfast and lost about a stone in just over two weeks, but she only had slimfast and fruit nothing else.

SheSellsSeashellsByTheSeashore Tue 05-Aug-08 16:30:44

slimfast hunger shots are very good for filling the gaps between shakes they are actually quite filling.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now