Talk

Advanced search

Opinions wanted - how would you describe my shape (I know it is not that big, but still an issue for me)

(6 Posts)
GeorgeAndTimmy Fri 01-Aug-08 20:31:26

So, I am 5ft 3. Size 12-14. Measurements 32, 31, 40. Broad shoulders, go in for waist, rounded belly, legs ok from mid thigh down, slim forearms and ankles.
I weigh 10 stone 5.
I am offically overweight according to BMI charts, and would like to be around 9-9 1/2 stone.
So, does this sound big? Do you think you would look at me and think - she needs to lose some weight? Or would I just look normal to you?
I can't post a photo, sorry - don't have any and wouldn't know how if I did.
Would just like to hear a few views from other people if possible <<<<hopeful emoticon>>>>

GeorgeAndTimmy Fri 01-Aug-08 23:18:07

Anyone? grin

hotCheeseBurns Fri 01-Aug-08 23:20:39

You sound pretty normal to me.

My bmi is 22.5 which isn't that far off the overweight mark, which i find odd.

RuffleTheAnimal Fri 01-Aug-08 23:23:55

well im 5'4, a 12-14 with a 'rounded belly', ditto on the legs and arms. i weigh close to 10 stone.
i reckon i could lose a stone or two and look great.
but i dont think 'what a heifer' or anything. justr reckon im normal for a 32 yr old mum of 3.

but id like to be a 'hot' mama of 3, obv grin

BasementBear Sat 02-Aug-08 14:38:44

I think you sound fairly normal, I would definitely not describe you as a heiffer! smile. If you want to lose a bit of weight, fine. I think it's all about how you feel, and as long as you are eating the right stuff and feel healthy that's the most important thing.

GreenEggsAndSpam Sun 03-Aug-08 15:13:15

Thanks for the reassurance! I suppose while in my head I know I would like to lose some weigh, I don't like the classification of 'overweight'! It sounds scary.
BTW hCB, a BMI of 22.5 puts you right in the middle of the healthy weight (20-25), so not something that would worry me for sure smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now