Talk

Advanced search

help! My tummy is horrific

(15 Posts)
Jampot Thu 31-Jul-08 00:13:20

Ive often joined the "need to lose 3 stone" threads and then done nothing about it but Ive now lost 3 stone with WW (although am 65lbs lighter than my v heaviest) blush. I can now fit into size 12 clothes which is a huge achievement for me as Ive always struggled to lose weight since having the children. Anyway, Im left with this horrid apron thing which is my tummy. I would rather not resort to surgery but need to reduce its appearance. Can anyone suggest potions/lotions/exercise/old wives tales to help?

thanks

Songbird Thu 31-Jul-08 10:15:50

Hurray hurray well done. I'm doing WW and have lost 23lbs since Jan - very pleased with myself!
Unfortunately, I think surgery is the only really successful way to lose the overhang. I'm hoping someone else can suggest something as it is a bit extreme, and bloody expensive! Spanx underwear is supposed to be amazing!

becklespeckle Thu 31-Jul-08 18:01:31

Am watching this with interest as although no weight loss here, after 3 big babies I have the apron problem too despite the rest of me being slim.

Well done to both of you for losing such an amount of weight too, fantastic!

batters Thu 31-Jul-08 18:15:40

well done, jampot .

I also have very large tummy having lost weight . Going to the gym has helped but only a little....

Will watch this thread with interest too.

Lizzylou Thu 31-Jul-08 18:18:05

Well done Jampot, that is an amazing weight loss!
Have you tried swimming (good for overall toning), Pilates or specific stomach exercises?
Spanx pants are amazing as well smile

batters Thu 31-Jul-08 18:19:20

oh yes aqua aerobics meant to be good. I've been doing it (though not for a little while) - made very little difference to me

Jampot Fri 01-Aug-08 01:25:35

thanks for the messages. I bought some spanx about a month ago and whilst they do work wonders they wont work miracles

I cant swim although have been having lessons for ages. I will try pilates and aqua aerobics and keep looking out for miracle creams designed to make my baggy tum spring back into shape.

mamalovesmojitos Fri 01-Aug-08 17:02:59

god yes i worry about this. can i ask jampot (and well, well done on your weightloss), did you do much toning when you were dieting?

i'm hoping you'll say no as if that's the case i wonder if some hardcore stomach exercises esp pilates were in order? or if it's a lost cause for all of us...sad

yorkshirepudding Fri 01-Aug-08 17:04:20

Message withdrawn

mamalovesmojitos Fri 01-Aug-08 17:11:35

yes i found some pilates exercises in zest magazine. my core strength is so weak that i couldn't hold the neutral pose on the ground never mind start the actual toning shock blush

Jampot Fri 01-Aug-08 18:39:41

no i didnt do toning exercises whilst dieting apart from walking with my MBT's on which do appear to have a beneficial effect on my balance

i really will sign up to some pilates now

sophy Fri 01-Aug-08 19:00:45

It is quite hard to get Pilates exercises right so make sure you go to a properly qualified teacher -- I would not try learning it from a magazine or DVD.

mamalovesmojitos Fri 01-Aug-08 20:20:15

yes sophy is right - someone showed me the basics first in person.

jampot that sounds like really good news to me! the majority of it is probably slack muscles. some toning and i bet you'll notice a huge difference. congratulations- you're an inspiration to me and you should be so proud.

stitch Fri 01-Aug-08 20:22:32

there will be some resorption of skin over time.
however, it is highly unlikely that you will ever completely be rid of the apron without surgery

mamalovesmojitos Fri 01-Aug-08 20:56:16

stitch do you think it's inevitable after losing a few stone? or after pregnancy? or does it depend on each individual.

have lost a bit of weight but need to lose much more. am a bit worried about this.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now