Talk

Advanced search

Weightwatchers or Slimming World?

(5 Posts)
sophy Fri 25-Jul-08 20:24:04

Which is better? Anyone tried both? I only need to lose about a stone and already take a reasonable amount of exercise. I eat mainly organic food (grow my own veg) and don't want to be told to have disgusting low-fat spreads or artificial sweeteners.
My weakness is snacking at kids teatime and finishing their leftovers.
Any advice for me? Thanks.

colacubes Fri 25-Jul-08 23:47:21

Hi Sophy, well I just started slimming world and lost 3.5 lb first week, so not bad, people there are losing a stone in a month, so maybe a good option for you.

As for advice, you will already know it, snack on healthy stuff, cut out bread, full fat milk, cheese, fats, and all the other good stuff we love, Im at the point now where I know, its now or never, so its the biscuits or the bikini! I want the bikini! Good Luck

sophy Sat 26-Jul-08 08:52:17

What's the long-term record for Weightwatchers vs Slimming World? I.e. which method is more likley to keep weight off.

I used to be a yoyo dieter, (in the past have lost weight with Atkins, high-fibre, weightwatchers and under own efforts but never managed to keep weight off) and haven't tried to diet for several years because didn't believe it worked long-term (and I do eat healthily, but snack too much), but my weight has been creeping up and I think I need to do something about it.

But I am looking for a long-term solution, not a quick fix of losing a stone in a month.

I know what to do, it's just doing it that I find hard and I thought regular meetings would help with motivation.

Congratulations on your weight loss colacubes, don't think I'll ever wear a bikini again!

LoveMyGirls Sat 26-Jul-08 08:58:13

I've lost 2 and a half stone since jan with WW I have found it quite easy (did the core plan) I have been doing 3 nights of exercise plus sometimes playing on my wii fit as well as having quite a physical job.

Tips - buy low cal stuff to snack on (fruit, LF yog's, ww snacks, cereal etc)
As soon as kids have finished scrap t into the bin or if they are old enough get them to do it?
Move more even if a tiny bit that extra few trips up the stairs or walking to the shop can all make a difference!

Good luck!

sophy Sun 27-Jul-08 20:44:51

Well done lovemygirls.

Anyone else care to comment on weightwatchers vs slimming world?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now