Talk

Advanced search

PANIC SETTING IN...what if plane seat belt won't fit me???

(6 Posts)
toofattofit Wed 23-Jul-08 11:25:43

Am going on holiday with family and in laws...MIL being super super slim, what happens if plane seat belt won't go round my fat gut?? Never been this big and flown before...
Has anyone had to deal with this...or am I the hugest plane-flier around?
ArGGGGGGGGGhhhhhhhhh!

Romy7 Wed 23-Jul-08 11:26:24

they will give you an extension belt.

toofattofit Wed 23-Jul-08 11:39:15

DO I ask for one when I get on the plane?

MamaG Wed 23-Jul-08 11:40:23

That was nice of your MIL

If you're anxious why don't you ring the airline and tell them your weight/waist size and ask for their advice

toofattofit Wed 23-Jul-08 11:42:15

God thanks, seems so silly worrying about such petty things, but will feel sooooooooo embarrassed...
Has anyone had to do all this?

Romy7 Wed 23-Jul-08 14:58:14

not pers - but always helpful for the airline to know in advance if there is likely to be an issue - particularly erm... widthways? some airline seats are quite small now and they may find it helpful to preseat you (ie give you one of the 'legroom' seats, or any other that they earmark for other reasons) or give you an empty seat next door if the flight is not fully booked etc... decide which would be easier for you - window or aisle etc?

we weren't a commercial airline, but the belts we had were like the extra bits for lap-sat infants? but you clicked it in the other way...

i'm sure you'll be fine btw! don't stress so much it puts you off your trip!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now