Talk

Advanced search

This works!

(19 Posts)
noddyholder Sun 20-Jul-08 15:01:01

Have just seen a friend who I haven't seen in a month.She has been doing a strict holiday diet for 3 weeks and I saw her yesterday and she looks amazing!Has lost a stone and looks really healthy and says she feels fab This is what she did same every day:
Morning 1 apple 1 banana 1 coffee
Lunch veg soup
Evening either a iece of chicken of fish with grilled tomato and peas.
And loads of water and no wine
Not aa good idea for life but a definite quick fix

noddyholder Sun 20-Jul-08 16:04:14

god you lot obviously not as sad/desperate as me then.Am going to try this

chocolatespiders Sun 20-Jul-08 21:03:37

thats very strict....

let us know how you get on

fifisworld Sun 20-Jul-08 21:18:47

I think i'll try this...i'm willing to try anything actually..need to shift this last few pound grin

noddyholder Sun 20-Jul-08 21:27:40

me too start tomorrow!

PussinJimmyChoos Sun 20-Jul-08 21:29:42

Sounds like it was a no carb thing?

noddyholder Sun 20-Jul-08 22:06:25

yes but there is fruit so a bit easier to stick to maybe.

ObsidianBlackbirdMcNight Mon 21-Jul-08 13:37:14

It's just very restricted calories. Of course it works in the short term, it's starvation. Same principle as slim fast. No reason why it has to be apples/fish, it just has to be far too few calories! You won't lose a stone of real weight in 3 weeks, could lose 1/2 stone and the rest will be water that you will put back on and then some when you start eating properly. You will feel weak and ill.
Good luck.

MABS Mon 21-Jul-08 18:57:45

hows day one noddy?

noddyholder Tue 22-Jul-08 15:13:12

Ok quite easy but today day 2 have been to the PP tavern for lunch and had one glass of wine BUT only had salad to eat and huge bottle of water!

noddyholder Tue 22-Jul-08 15:14:36

It isn't hard though and don't feel hungry.My friend says she has had no ill effects and def not ill or weak

MABS Wed 23-Jul-08 08:28:30

good luck, am sorta doing it too.

Jahan Wed 23-Jul-08 11:11:44

I think I shall join you, if you don't mind.

I need a bit of a kick start.

I'm going to add a few things to it though so I can do it longer term.
I'm going to add a yoghurt to breakfast, Ryvita or oatcakes to lunch and a couple of tablespoons of brown rice to dinner.

Need to go shop but so far today have had a yoghurt and nectarine for breakfast.

noddyholder Wed 23-Jul-08 14:35:22

Have to curb my starbucks frappaccino addiction!

ShortandSweet Thu 24-Jul-08 11:37:15

Hey noddy how have you been getting on with it and have you just eaten what you have written up?

noddyholder Thu 24-Jul-08 18:12:29

Getting on ok with it but do feel hungry!have stuck to it bar one frappuccino!Don't think i've lost much though will take a week or so to start going on my past attempts!

ShortandSweet Thu 24-Jul-08 22:14:35

Well I don't think I could stick to it without cheating. Your very good. Hope it works for you

noddyholder Sat 26-Jul-08 09:54:01

3 glasses of wine last night.Hopeless

meandmyjoe Sat 26-Jul-08 13:53:10

Oooo it sounds quite hard to stick to the same foods every day. I think the odd glass of wine and the odd treat just to add variety and stop you from getting bored and feeling deprived!

Let us know when you get weighed and how it's going! Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now