Talk

Advanced search

I have 7 weeks to my holidays - I NEED to loose over a stone and NEEDC your quick fix diets now please

(5 Posts)
mumma2cjh Wed 16-Jul-08 21:42:41

I know Ive left it way to late but I really need to loose some weight quickly.

Whats the best way to do it....do you think its possible to loose stone and a half

EffiePerine Wed 16-Jul-08 21:44:32

Why do you need to? Can't you enjoy your holiday otherwise? I'd relax and not worry about it too much (and eat some crisps grin)

then again I am pg so no-one expects me to be dieting (thank God)

StellaDallas Thu 17-Jul-08 22:29:40

Set yourself a target of a stone, I think a stone and a half is a bit unrealistic. You should be able to do it.
I have lost 19lb since the beginning of May - so 11 weeks or thereabouts. I am low carbing and it seems to be working. I have three more weeks before I go on holiday and hope to lose 25lb altogether.

mumma2cjh Fri 18-Jul-08 12:02:59

Hi Stelladallas - what do you do then. What do you cut out, what is a typical menu for the day for you

Celery Fri 18-Jul-08 12:07:05

Eat what you normally do, leaving out the obvious bad stuff - cake, crisps, chocolate etc, but cut down your portion sizes. Start by cutting it down a third, and then when you're used to that, try cutting it by a half. Just have half the amount of pasta, rice, meat, potatoes, cheese etc as you usually do. Also, up your intake of water. Make a concious effort to drink a glass of water every couple of hours. And exercise for half an hour every day. If you're struggling with the smaller portion sizes, fill up your plate with salad or veg.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now