Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone tried Paul McKenna's " I can make you thin" ?

(3 Posts)
panthera Fri 11-Jul-08 06:22:54

I am thinking of buying the 'I can make you thin' book after seeing the series on TV. Has anyone else tried it and how did you get on with it?

LivingLaVidaLurker2 Fri 11-Jul-08 07:01:28

I've tried it (goodness, what haven't I tried?) The principles are really sensible - he advocates (amongst other things) eating slowly, paying attention to what you eat, and stopping when you're full. Probably exactly the way that thin people do eat.

I don't want to sound negative about it, but, I have been overweight all my adult life (15 years) and tried every diet and gimmick going. It is only now, since I've had a complete change of attitude that I've accepted that eating healthily at least 80% of the time, taking regular exercise and drinking water really is the only way I'm going to get fit and healthy.

However, who am I to preach? It has sold an awful lot of copies, so obviously is working for some people. I'm sure someone else will come one here with a positive story about it.

Good luck.

ColumboTheFormerCookieMonster Thu 17-Jul-08 18:11:22

I think it does work, to some degree. If you listen to the tape every night, you do find yourself taking more control over your eating. I remember raving about it to friends but then I just stopped listening it everynight...so I guess it is the same as most things in weightloss - you still need to put some effort in yourself.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now