MadameButterfly Mon 31-Jan-05 10:16:33

Hi all

I have only had 3 results in this week so here goes:

Madame Butterfly 66,930
Gwenick 55,250
Earlybird 52,181
Bozza 48,107

Well done everyone.

Anyone else that wants to join is is more than welcome to.

Just count your steps from Saturday morning to Friday night and either post your results on the new thread that is started each Monday or email them to janreid2003 at yahoo dot co dot uk.

MadameButterfly Mon 31-Jan-05 10:17:25

I have just realised that I have not seen any results from JJ as yet, but I know she has got a pedometer.

Anyone know what has happened to her?

yoyo Mon 31-Jan-05 10:22:00

Again only Mon to Sat but managed 106203. Lovely day to walk today but no energy I'm afraid. Will still do the school run of course.

Hope my energy levels iprove as the week goes on. Good luck everyone.

coppertop Mon 31-Jan-05 10:36:02

I meant to e-mail my results as usual but forgot.

My total for last week is 36,815. It's a little higher than last week so I think I'm getting there. I got a new pedometer at the weekend that seems to be giving more accurate results so hopefully my count should be higher next week.

Tommy Mon 31-Jan-05 10:44:37

Oops - thought we were just posting on here rather than emailing sorry.
My total 50,570

Which I think is better than last week which is good. Have got to a very good start this week as have done over 10,000 both days at the weekend (very unusual for me) so I guess I'll just have to keep it up.

JJ Mon 31-Jan-05 10:47:32

Oh no - I'm still, but was so crap last week: about 25,000 steps (I didn't even write it down). Not doing any better so far this week: 7377 as of now and I'm online ordering from Ocado, so still being lazy. Promise to have a good walk today and get the total up!

MadameButterfly Mon 31-Jan-05 10:50:04

Glad your OK JJ.

Well done yoyo. I can only dream of doing as many as you.

Eshay Mon 31-Jan-05 11:45:48

I only bought my pedometer on Saturday so I don't have a total to report yet. I'd love to get as many as Yoyo but I have no idea how much walking is involved. I'll definitely try my best, starting with a long walk as soon as DS wakes up.

Mothernature Mon 31-Jan-05 11:51:36

Last week managed 147,000 but forgot to put it on today average 21,000 a day on my doggie walks twice a day..

yoyo Mon 31-Jan-05 12:02:22

Mothernature - it is amazing how the steps mount up when you do your routine walk isn't it? My total is much lower on a Sat as I obviously don't have to walk children to school. They were less than impressed when I made them walk in the wind and rain last week though!!

My advice to anyone would be to introduce a daily walk with a purpose, e.g. buy newspaper, bread, milk etc. if at all possible. Obviously much harder for those of you who work though. If I don't have a purpose I don't tend to walk that much I find.

coppertop Mon 31-Jan-05 12:06:23

I must be doing something wrong as I walk everywhere (no car) but still only seem to manage about 5-6,000 steps a day. On Saturday, for example, I was on my feet for 3hrs in the afternoon (walking around town and shopping) but still only managed 6,000 steps for the whole of the day.

Tommy Mon 31-Jan-05 12:19:16

coppertop - maybe your ped isn't clipped on right? Last summer I walked round the whole of legoland and found I'd only done 2,500 steps!! It needs to be on your hip. I aso found that if my trousers were too tight it didn't always work properly!!!!

coppertop Mon 31-Jan-05 13:25:26

I'll give it a try with the pedometer right on the hip then. How did you know my waistband was a little tight?

Gwenick Mon 31-Jan-05 13:30:33

aha - that will explain then when I'm wearing my tighter fitting jeans I get a more accurate figure with it clipped into my front pocket - and with my looser elasticated trousers with it clipped on my waist

If I'm walking anywhere in particular I alwasy check after 5 or 10 minutes to just make sure the figure has gone up - if it hasn't I adjust it.

I've found Sundays are by FAR my worst day - which is wierd because I go out twice to church, yet on Saturdays'a I seem to do quite well and don't really go anywhere!

coppertop Tue 01-Feb-05 12:15:53

Moving the pedometer definitely seems to be working. My total for today is already over 5,000 and I still have at least 2 more trips to make before the end of the day.

Bozza Tue 01-Feb-05 14:33:51

I find that my pedometer works best on my knickers. Its only a cheapy freebie though so quite small.

Loobz Fri 04-Feb-05 21:06:24

Hi all,
just got my pedometer so I'd like to join you . Will start tomorrow - good to hear the tips about where to wear it. Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now