loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet Mamas 2005 Week 2 - New Thread!

(154 Posts)
Yorkiegirl Sun 23-Jan-05 16:37:11

Message withdrawn

miam Sun 23-Jan-05 17:09:23

Yorkie - have you managed to work out where I am with my weight so far??

Allegra Sun 23-Jan-05 17:49:21

Sorry I forgot to weigh and post on Friday, Yorkiegirl. My excuse is it's both Ds2 and my own birthday this week and I've been too busy making birthday cakes and organising parties to think about dieting. I am definitely going ot start on Monday but I'm still dithering over which plan to follow.

trefusis Sun 23-Jan-05 19:28:19

Message withdrawn

Loobz Sun 23-Jan-05 20:15:51

I have banned the C stuff from my house on the grounds that if it aint there I wont eat it!!! (Not even going to type its proper name - then maybe I can fool myself it doesn't exist)
However I have just discovered a cream egg that Dh swear he got free when he bought a paper yesterday - None of the kids are in and I wish they would hurry up and come home so I can force feed it to one of them!!! I need to stay of the C thing completly - I can't do controlled C eating.
Some idiots letting off fireworks and it's really starting to annoy me

Evesmama Sun 23-Jan-05 20:16:53

erm..me too, but can i just say i havent had 'any' for 7 days now

Evesmama Sun 23-Jan-05 20:18:07

im the same loobz, thats why ive cut it totally!, didnt plan to do it, just took it a day at a time and im here a week later..the c word free!!

Loobz Sun 23-Jan-05 20:21:48

I haven't been as good as you Evesmama but I've gone since last Wednesday without any. Would be better too if someone (still don't know who cos no one will own up) brought a big tin of quality street and a big tin of roses into the office. I keep giving them away - anyone who comes into our office for any reason goes out with a handful of the them. I've even taken some with me when I've gone out to visit soem of the children I work with - I will get rid of them and not by eating them!!!

Loobz Sun 23-Jan-05 20:22:36

Eh, that should have been some! Oh I wish I could type properly!!!

Evesmama Sun 23-Jan-05 20:24:45

i gave my big tin of xmas roses to dp to take to work..i bet all the women their are cursing me too, dp said they went in two days!!!!!!!

Loobz Sun 23-Jan-05 20:30:05

I think someone keeps adding to our - I keep giving them away but the tin still has some in it. My boss is the prime suspect - He's a slim male - you know one of the kind who can eat what he likes and never puts on weight We think it can only have been him or one of the girls in the team - she another who is very slim yet eats like a horse - Life is sooooooo unfair!!!!
Everyone else in the team is trying to lose weight.
I have a works night out next Friday - going to a local italian resturaunt - and the food is superb - will save my sins though. Not drinking either as we're going out straight from work at 5pm and if I were to start drinking then I'd be falt on my back my 7pm!!!

Evesmama Sun 23-Jan-05 20:38:49

well im dissapointed with myself this weekend...had lost 3lb by friday, and although have not been 'baaaad', eat more than i would have liked...

sat
brekky-special K with s.s.milk + banana

lunch-ham and thinley sliced cheese in two slices of toast(scared with a slither of low fat hellmans), bag of crisps

tea - dry fried steak, mushrooms and onions with oven chips and slice of bread and butter(my biggest downfall at minute?)
NO EXCERSIZE

today

brekky - special K + fat free yog

lunch - all day breakfast baguette

tea - jacket pot, slither of dairy lea and chicken fillet

1 hour at swimming baths, teaching dd, then 10 minutes tonight on new excersize bike

can my sins be absolved??
is this really a bad, bad day????

monkeygirl Sun 23-Jan-05 22:18:38

10 hail marys and an extra big bowl of all-bran for you EM - but that's enough punishment for anyone . Seriously, don't stress too much about it, it's not that bad and it's only going to be a blip, isn't it!

I had roast chicken today and even took off the crispy skin (drool) - that took some doing. No roasties either, just some new potatoes. But did manage to fit in some wine on Friday and Saturday, sigh.

Evesmama Sun 23-Jan-05 22:31:08

thankyou sister monley

night.x

monkeygirl Sun 23-Jan-05 22:32:18

Goodnight - and don't forget your penance.x

Evesmama Sun 23-Jan-05 22:33:01

'monkey'..sorry........bless me father, for i have sinned.......

Loobz Sun 23-Jan-05 23:16:57

Ooooppss - I have just guzzled a (big) bag of dates then checked the sin count - 2 sins each I was doing so well today too - I'd have been better having some of that horrible C stuff - then again - maybe not!
Oh well, tomorrow is another day. Goodnight everyone!

BethAndHerBrood Mon 24-Jan-05 10:08:42

I have had a REALLY bad weekend!And friday wasn't good either! I've got till thursday, when i get weighed, so fingers crossed, and fridge locked! I've just done 15 minutes on an exercise thingy, and had a mullerlight! Going to try to stick to free food today! Wish me luck!!

coppertop Mon 24-Jan-05 10:38:01

Another sinner dropping in to confess. On Saturday I gave in to the temptation of the C-stuff. I only had 3 small ones but felt thoroughly sick afterwards. Normally I could've eaten half the contents of the box and felt fine but not any more.

My pedometer club results also fell last week so I've been doing extra walking this weekend as penance for giving in to the lure of the C-stuff.

trefusis Mon 24-Jan-05 10:44:24

Message withdrawn

monkeygirl Mon 24-Jan-05 10:58:52

Had my weigh-in this morning and have lost 5 lbs this week!

Can you hear that squeaking noise - that's me polishing my halo [smug emoticon]. Sorry but haven't had a chance to be vaguely smug for a v v v long time (and have a lot to lose).

Shame on you 'C' munchers - get it out of the house NOW (that's the only way I can resist it - I also try not to have too much money on me so that I can also resist the million choccy-buying opportunities).

miam Mon 24-Jan-05 11:12:55

Monkey girl - WELL DONE!!!!! 5lbs - what an achievement! Display that halo with pride!

Well, after all my spouting earlier about how diet clubs do not work for me, I am joining a Rosemary Conley class tonight!!! My sister has roped me in for support, so I have agreed mainly for the exercise class that they run. Don't know anything atall about the RC diet, but quite looking forward to it really!. Dreading being weighed in though - I always weigh myself first thing in the morning, without a stitch on (a pair of knickers may add an extra squillionth of a pound..) so goodness knows what I will weigh in the evening with clothes on... horrors.

Evesmama Mon 24-Jan-05 11:14:35

well done honey
well, by the powers of persuasion, i have still managed to lose 3lb this week, despite the weekend glitch.
so 6lb altogether in 2 weeks, god i feel like ive won a marathon, im that proud of myself..can i borrow your brasso for my halo hun

Evesmama Mon 24-Jan-05 11:15:51

hi miam, yes even the skimpiest off knickers generally weigh about 2stone

miam Mon 24-Jan-05 11:17:25

lol Eves - thanks for backing up my long-held belief. I am not overweight, just weigh less than skimpy undies! And well done you too for losing another 3lbs - you are doing fabulously!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now