Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Any good Vegetarian diets?

(9 Posts)
silk239 Fri 21-Jan-05 20:41:42

I have been a lacto-ovo vegetarian for 15 years. Not to say you cannot put on weight, you can!! Any good diets out there?

Dior Fri 21-Jan-05 20:57:08

Message withdrawn

bran Fri 21-Jan-05 20:57:50

I'm not veggie myself, but I don't see why the GI diet wouldn't be very compatible with a vegetarian diet. I'm doing Weight Watchers, but trying to follow GI principles within that and it seems to be working quite painlessly, if a little slowly. I would definitely be able to continue to eat this way when I eventually get to my target weight as I'm quite enjoying my food.

WigWamBam Fri 21-Jan-05 22:31:34

I'm veggie, very overweight, and doing the GI diet, it's based quite heavily around wholemeal foods, grains and beans so is quite compatible. Some food combining diets are based around vegetarian eating, I'm thinking of Harvey Diamond's Fit for Life programme in particular (I haven't done it but some friends recommended it highly). Rose Elliot has written a couple of guides to vegetarian slimming too. The Rosemary Conley diet is fine for veggies as well.

winnie Fri 21-Jan-05 22:33:45

Rose Elliots books on slimming are very sensible and common sense. Slimming World Green days are good too.

Beetroot Fri 21-Jan-05 22:39:22

Message withdrawn

bran Fri 21-Jan-05 22:42:41

Beetroot you're obsessed.

Tommy Fri 21-Jan-05 23:19:49

I'm currently losing weight with WW and am veggie. Have lost about 24lbs in about 4 months so far so is obviously working. Most fruit and veg are "free" on WW and beans, chickpeas etc are low in points so it's a good system for veggies IMO. Slimming World seems good too, from what I've seen of it

WigWamBam Sat 22-Jan-05 12:57:08

I have a Rose Elliot book called Vegetarian Slimming that I don't use anymore if you'd like it, silk.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now