Talk

Advanced search

Low-fat cook book

(13 Posts)
ThomCat Fri 07-Jan-05 21:50:37

Which cookery book would you recommend for low-fat meals?

D and I both need to shed a few pounds but don't want to do strict diets and stuff, just want to eat well and try ad cut out the amount of butter and cream I use in my cooking.

We both enjoy cooking and both love food. So any ideas for scrummy low-fat receipes / cook books?

Yorkiegirl Fri 07-Jan-05 21:55:47

Message withdrawn

ThomCat Fri 07-Jan-05 22:08:50

Now there's a bloody good idea - the library, well done, thanks.

What do you mean by spots and sharing them with me? I don't get it.

TC x

Yorkiegirl Sat 08-Jan-05 10:36:11

Message withdrawn

DissLocated Sat 08-Jan-05 10:55:11

Fat Girl Slim by Ruth Watson.

Soothepoo Sat 08-Jan-05 20:20:57

Good Food's 101 Low Fat Feasts, published by the BBC, is excellent - I use it all the time. Marks and Spencer do a Low Fat cookbook, too, and another good one is Complete Low Fat Cooking, published by Hamlyn.

weightwatchingwaterwitch Sat 08-Jan-05 20:22:01

Thomcat, this one is fab I think, it's like Nigel Slater for dieters, Fat Girl Slim

weightwatchingwaterwitch Sat 08-Jan-05 20:22:20

Sorry, Disslocated has already suggested it I see!

weightwatchingwaterwitch Sat 08-Jan-05 20:22:54

Oh, and that book is absolutely in the spirit of what you want to do!

Juliehafrancis Sat 08-Jan-05 20:48:10

Although it's not techinically a "low fat" cookbook it has quite a few low cal recipes: Its called Ideal home cooking by Paul and Jeanne Rankin.. also the every day light hearted cookbook by anne lindsay is good. I find normal recipe books that just happen to have healthy meals in it much better than "low fat cook books" howerver saying that my low fat no fat cookbook by readers digest (i think) is excellent. Sorry to go on...have probably bored you to sleep now ;)

Frizbe Sat 08-Jan-05 21:07:31

swap cream for yoghurt or low fat creme frache,(spelling?) and cook your meat for bolognaise etc seperately at first, then drain over a seive, n watch the fat drip out, oh n grill everything, job done!

marthamoo Sun 09-Jan-05 14:15:22

Just happened to be looking at my bookshelf and saw my Ainsley Harriot "Low Fat Meals in Minutes" book and remembered this thread. Highly recommended - not a diet book as such, just healthy recipes..ones I've tried have been exceedingly yummy.

marthamoo Sun 09-Jan-05 14:16:52

That "Fat Girl Slim" book looks good - am very tempted.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: