Talk

Advanced search

Dieting, Exercising and Breastfeeding

(3 Posts)
pinkytrio Sun 02-Jan-05 08:51:25

Can anyone recommend a good plan for shifting some weight and getting healthy whilst still breastfeeding? With my second I think I went a bit too mad too early, lost lots of weight but then she weaned herself off the boob. This time I'd like to do it sensibly. I've also had 3 sections so need to exercise caution ha

Thanks.

zebra Mon 03-Jan-05 20:23:17

The weight-watchers points system for breastfeeding mums seems to be highly rated. I know that the clinical studies all conclude that any sensible (slow but steady) weight loss regime, including a little bit of diet & as much exercise as most women would want to do, should be fine; shouldn't affect your milk at all. Otherwise, just bumping this up for you!

eidsvold Wed 05-Jan-05 21:29:59

surprised to see ( starting ww again as a breastfeeding mum) how much food you are able to have and the types of foods that they recommend you have more of. Having done ww before I got pregnant - the weight loss was slow but steady.... and I now have had two sections and am simply ( at this stage) going to walk as my exercise for now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now