Talk

Advanced search

Weight Watchers or Slimming World......can't decide which.

(24 Posts)
Nutcracker Wed 29-Dec-04 18:16:50

Have looked at both sites and both do classes near to me but can't decide which one is for me.

Also anyone know how much the WW classes are ??

Twiglett Wed 29-Dec-04 18:21:45

Do you have problems controlling your appetite?

how do you feel about giving up meat/fish one day and stuffing on potatoes/pasta/rice/veg/fruit etc then having meat/fish/veg/fruit next day and avoiding large quantities of potatoes/pasta/rice .. if that sounds ok then slimming world (you get milk, bread, eggs, low-fat yogurt both days)

would you feel happy counting most foods you put in your mouth including fruit... then weightwatchers

Kittypickle Wed 29-Dec-04 18:26:49

They are both changing in January I think aren't they ? Might be an idea to wait and see exactly what both do so you can compare properly. WW have something now where you don't need to count.

Dizzylizzy Wed 29-Dec-04 18:31:11

Kittypickle, thats right, its called 'no count', basically what it is is, you get 21 points per week no matter what your body weight is and this is to be used solely on treats and last minute events also on bread, biscuits etc, but there are massive lists of what is classed as 'no count' where you can eat as much as you want until you feel full, things like potatoes, cottage cheese etc are all on the no point lists.

I've had a look and yes it sounds good, but I think I'll stick to the normal points one.

Nutcracker Wed 29-Dec-04 19:12:03

Er,...yes i do have a prob controlling my appetite.

Both point counting and red and green days sound fine.

Slimming world is 3.95 a class and half price sign up at the mo, anyone know what ww is ??

kid Wed 29-Dec-04 19:15:45

I don't know what WW charge but I have the books and follow it at home myself.
I did try SW, but didn't do very well on it. So I switched to WW and have lost 9 lb so far. Definately prefer WW myself.

Dior Wed 29-Dec-04 19:20:44

Message withdrawn

Demented Wed 29-Dec-04 19:23:54

Nutcracker, try the WW website, I had an email from them saying I could print off a voucher for free membership (meetings only) but I couldn't get the website to work, never can, part of the reason that I am put off WW. I have decided to go for Slimming World (never been to a slimming class before so am slightly nervous) basically because it was the only class I would manage to get to, WW were all at the wrong times/locations for me.

Demented Wed 29-Dec-04 19:25:15

Should say I have followed WW at home via a list of points that I was kindly given and found it to be very successful but found that it was sometimes quite restrictive, having to count fruit etc.

Dior Wed 29-Dec-04 19:29:53

Message withdrawn

kid Wed 29-Dec-04 19:30:13

Can I share a secret here?!
<whisper> if you find out the SW password, you can use their website for free! <whisper>

MarsLady Wed 29-Dec-04 19:30:49

the password being......?

kid Wed 29-Dec-04 19:35:53

it changes every week, to make sure only members have it I assume! I can check what it is if you need it or are doing SW?

Furball Wed 29-Dec-04 20:03:07

Just been on the SW web and it says theres 2 new options

Mix2max - Treat yourself to a full English breakfast (Original choice), a huge jacket potato with beans for lunch (Green choice) and a roast dinner with plenty of meat and vegetables (Original choice). Have three or four Healthy Extras, your choice of Syns and, if you’ve got room, snack on Superfree Foods throughout the day including fruit, vegetables and more!

and

Success Express - Each day enjoy three Success Express meals, three or four Healthy Extras and your choice of Syns. If you’re still peckish, snack on Superfree Foods!

Anyone know more, sounds good!

WW is also changing, you can either stick with points or change to free foods.

Dior Wed 29-Dec-04 20:07:32

Message withdrawn

lizibeth Sun 02-Jan-05 20:48:03

hi
I've been doing sw for a while and love it...it is true you can eat loads and never be hungry, you can eat chocolate and drink wine just count your syns nothing complicated at all and no lies, I've lost 5 stone so far and need to lose 5 more I know i'll do it this year ans still eat normal everyday foods and live!

DissLocated Sun 02-Jan-05 20:53:29

I did ww ages ago and liked it because you can exercise to earn extra points. I used to save my bonus points for alcohol at the weekend - made sure I exercised through the week!

I lost a stone and kept it off until I was pg and used it as a bit of an excuse to pit out.

Can't go back on it at the moment tho' as I am still bf and, according to their website, you can't do ww while bf.

Frizbe Sun 02-Jan-05 20:56:01

Sure you can do ww whilst bf, but you give yourself extra points, I'm sure its on their site somewhere!

DissLocated Mon 03-Jan-05 09:04:29

According to this they won't let bf women sign up to the online version. Maybe the meetings are different but the local meetings are all held while I'm at work unfortuantely.

Of course, if anyone could tell me how many extra points I need, I could just sign up anyway

SantaFio2 Mon 03-Jan-05 09:13:24

ww is usually 10 pound sign up and 4.75 a class i think

Dior Mon 03-Jan-05 19:55:44

Message withdrawn

ladymuck Mon 03-Jan-05 20:13:51

It was 6 points for b/feeding, but that was back in 2001 - not sure whether they've chnaged points since?

DissLocated Tue 04-Jan-05 12:03:59

6 points! Wow, I could stuff myself for that! Thanks.

lizibeth Wed 05-Jan-05 10:23:18

The slimming world diet is approved my midwives and health visiters you are allowed extra, healthy extras whilst you are breast feeding.There is a promotion on at the mo, £8.95 reistration and your first class, £3.95 weekly thereafter, and FREE when you reach target.
good luck whichever you chose.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now