Slenderistas (re)assemble! Anyone still here?

(24 Posts)
keeponkeepinon Tue 27-Oct-20 22:17:32

And want to reignite our threads?

OP’s posts: |
lastqueenofscotland Thu 29-Oct-20 17:42:09

Hello!
In and out here for the last three years...
I’ve been a bit lazy but going to jump on the scales tomorrow and start again there. And whatever I am aim for 5-7lbs by the 1st dec. I don’t think it will be a scary weightgain from my lockdown low of 9.11 but keen to drop a few before inevitable Christmas booze lbs

lastqueenofscotland Fri 30-Oct-20 09:08:35

Put on 3lbs woops... aiming for around 5-7 this month

keeponkeepinon Fri 30-Oct-20 14:34:30

Hi lasty!
Where is everyone these days? Do you think we can get the nicest thread on mumsnet(tm) going again? grin
This year has been a bit of a write off for the obvious reasons. I am aiming for 5 to 7 off by December too. 7 ideally but 5 to lay off the pressure. I've joined nutracheck, its just a bit more user friendly than mfp. Never sure what rate of loss to set it at.

lastqueenofscotland Sat 31-Oct-20 21:45:19

I definitely dropped off the face of this thread for a while! Hopefully have some of the old faces back soon

AutumnNymph Sat 31-Oct-20 21:47:34

Hello both!

poorpaws Sun 01-Nov-20 21:46:33

Hi, I’ve just found you! I’m back again and missed you all. I’ve put a load of weight back on in the last few weeks due to a really painful back which I’m having treatment for and has eased a little now. I’d like to lose half a stone for Christmas although I have a birthday in November which will be calorific 🙄

I am very happy to see everybody again 😀

Advertisement

lastqueenofscotland Wed 04-Nov-20 12:48:06

So nice to see some familiar names!
I’m usually a daily weigh person but trying to avoid it until my weigh day the last day of the month
Managed a few good days this month. Weekends should be less of challenge with everything shut

poorpaws Thu 05-Nov-20 21:55:12

I’m not doing well at all. I might give up until New Year (exactly the same as I do every November).

keeponkeepinon Tue 10-Nov-20 18:08:16

Hello....back again....grin
I need some inspiration. Considering buying a new recipe book. I need low calorie quick and easy meals that are basic enough for everyone in the family to enjoy (ie. The children) i can bulk out their portions.
For some reason I can never get my thoughts in order overviews and make a plan that I can stick to. I accept that I'm not going to make gourmet cuisine, and I'm never going to give up pasta and bread, I just need ways to make it work!

I think I need to work out some tasty but easy breakfasts and lunches for work. If I can keep these lower cal but good enough to keep me going, I can have a more 'normal' dinner with the family.

I

keeponkeepinon Tue 10-Nov-20 22:58:18

Anyone about?
@BitOutOfPractice
@Hairspraybabe

lastqueenofscotland Wed 11-Nov-20 12:22:34

I’m 2lbs down which is good so hopefully 5 for the month is realistic.
Had a bit of a blip yesterday but just not going to buy anymore bread as toast is my Achilles heel and just stick to my (decent sized) meals. I wasn’t hungry I was just bored.

HairsprayBabe Wed 11-Nov-20 15:22:16

Hi! I'm so glad you tagged me
I had a baby in August and have about a stone to shift now - I only gained about 10 lbs in pregnancy thanks to hideous sickness but I am BFing and it has lead to snacks 🙃 so weighing in this morning at 10st 12 with a goal weight of 9st 7

And here is baby Oscar ❤️ because why not!

HairsprayBabe Wed 11-Nov-20 15:23:41

Is @quimreaper still about?

lastqueenofscotland Wed 11-Nov-20 17:35:51

Hairspray I’ve just realised without knowing it’s you I follow you on insta 😂
Congratulations he’s lovely smile

keeponkeepinon Fri 13-Nov-20 14:50:13

Aww so gorgeous @HairsprayBabe

lastqueenofscotland Wed 18-Nov-20 18:25:04

3 lbs down and hoping for four by the end of the week had a few blips but just got straight back on rather than saying “fuck it” and eating like a moron for the rest of the day/week.

lastqueenofscotland Fri 27-Nov-20 12:13:34

Just checking in! Well and truely fell off the wagon sad
Weighing in tomorrow and starting again, sigh.

TVHubbyClaire Mon 28-Jun-21 10:22:58

hello all, I assume we all drifted away and never got started again

Gosh I could be done with a 7 Linda loss in a month right now..

poorpaws Wed 30-Jun-21 16:53:38

@TVHubbyClaire I’m still around and fatter than ever. How are you doing?

HairsprayBabe Wed 30-Jun-21 17:03:05

I'm pregnant again so I'm out for now speak to me in January when I need to ditch the baby Linda's grin

TVHubbyClaire Wed 30-Jun-21 17:17:07

@poorpaws, I'm doing fine thanks, i think, but definitely need to shake off some weight, had a bad month or so of no walking and too much alcoholsad

TVHubbyClaire Wed 30-Jun-21 17:17:43

@HairsprayBabe thats lovely news, hope its all going well

poorpaws Thu 01-Jul-21 19:03:42

@HairsprayBabe congratulations on your second pregnancy, I hope all goes very well for you.

@TVHubbyClaire the Slenderistas seem to have died after such a long time, it’s sad. I kept joining different threads and they died in no time so about 3 to 4 weeks ago I started my own in the hope that I can keep something going for a long time. It’s called something like “lockdown stones to lose, please join me”. Lots of people have already joined and faded away but there are a few keeping going and they are a nice crowd, very supportive. They would however have no idea what a Linda is 😉

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in