Talk

Advanced search

Anyone given up ADs to lose weight, and did it go this badly ...

(1 Post)
chobmon Fri 07-Aug-20 11:51:21

I am mid forties and very obese - BMI somewhere between 37 and 39 (I'm never quite sure how tall I am). All the headlines about coronavirus and obesity have terrified me.

I have gained hugely and I really struggle to lose weight on the anti depressants that I've taken for years, so I stopped taking them when the headlines first came out. I realise this was stupid, but I was (still am) frightened of getting the virus at this weight and thought this might help me to begin losing. It seemed the lesser of two evils. I didn't tell my GP and I continued to collect my prescription.

Three months later and I am still not losing any weight, despite massively reducing my calorie intake, and I feel wretched. Most days I can't see the point in anything and just want to stay in bed (I feel a bit brighter today though - I didn't even have the energy to write this yesterday).

So I've totally screwed up, haven't I? Now I'm just as fat and also very unhappy. Would you start taking them again? Or keep working through this misery and hope it passes?

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in