Talk

Advanced search

Anyone got any good tips for regaining those tummy mussels after a C-SECTION??

(19 Posts)
Tangas Fri 28-Sep-07 13:28:56

Hi Ladies

I had my Son 5M ago,He was an emergency C-section.
still finding it hard to get out of bed ect... was woundering if anyone could tell me how long before i start getting my strengh and sensation back in my tummy?
Also if any one has got any tips on excersise's....

3andnomore Fri 28-Sep-07 13:33:47

I had a Emergency C-section with my youngest, and found it took much longer to "tighten" again...
I would think that a core work out mihgt be the best idea...!
I quite like the core workout of Davina's 3x30 minute workout...
And on Jade's Shape challenge is also a reasonable good Core workout...

phdlife Fri 28-Sep-07 13:40:00

tbh Tangas if you've not even started getting strength and sensation back I'd go see your gp - I also had emergency section with ds, who is 24 weeks today and a great big lump of lad with it - and my tum is more or less back to normal in terms of strength. (Doesn't look much chop, but it's no hassle getting around, even sitting up with ds in my arms!) Still some curious, sort of numb patches on the surface, but it's mostly better I think.

Tangas Fri 28-Sep-07 13:41:15

Great thanks for that i'll give it a go...
How about the sensetion side of it? I feel sort of numb to the touch where they cut me. will that ever come back?
x

phdlife Fri 28-Sep-07 13:42:06

mine's still numb, don't know about long-term recovery - maybe someone else can tell us?

3andnomore Fri 28-Sep-07 13:44:22

It took ages for the normal feeling to return...well, for me anywya...it took me a good year to actually feel that my bladder was full I actually took myself several times a day to teh loo, even if I didn't feel I needed too, because if I didn't I could go a day wihtout going and that wasn't great for my bladder lucky my pelvic floor muscles were o.k. I suppose, otherwise I probably would have wet myself...

Tangas Fri 28-Sep-07 13:46:09

quick question phdlife,
does your skin hang down over your scar??
mine does. will thatever go away?

toomanyballs Fri 28-Sep-07 13:54:42

Should have strength back by now. Didn't you get an exercise sheet from the hospital?

Also see GP as I think there is a condition where the muscles running vertically in your tummy don't go back together. Not due to C-section though. I'm sure someone on MN knows about this.

Also see health visitor for advice

phdlife Fri 28-Sep-07 13:57:28

yes, tangas, I still have post-pg "flub" that hangs down, looks like I have too-tight knickers on.

toomanyballs Fri 28-Sep-07 13:58:45

Skin will get better but if it hangs over now will propably always. sad

Mine hangs over one side and not the other hmm

Its on my to do list - go to Doctor and see if I can get it sorted, I'm 5ft 6" and 9st there is really no need for it.

phdlife Fri 28-Sep-07 14:00:46

let us know what dr says, toomany - I'm far too idle to investigate myself grin

toomanyballs Fri 28-Sep-07 14:06:38

Will do. Don't wait up though grin been two years since cs3 and 10 since cs1 ( which caused the problem ) avoiding Dr as feel like been there everyday for the past couple of weeks for one reason or 3 x DS other

Tangas Fri 28-Sep-07 14:08:01

oh my god, i feel like crying knowing that this flub will always hang over like a spare tyer. boo hoo.. mind you ladies it was so worth it! will i have to always have a c-section in the future?

toomanyballs Fri 28-Sep-07 14:09:40

NOOOO. My hospital let me try with DS3 after 2 sections. Got bored with it after 12 hrs and had a lovely section

Tangas Fri 28-Sep-07 14:13:06

but is it ture there cut through the same scar?

toomanyballs Fri 28-Sep-07 14:16:09

Is it true? Yes. lots of people ask this not sure what the problem is but I'm much happier with one scar not 3!

3andnomore Fri 28-Sep-07 15:00:54

hm...not that you asked me, lol...but well, dispite my tummy being a wobbl;y one....I still got teh wobble higher up (as I always had, lol)...no overhanging skin near the scar...

toomanyballs Fri 28-Sep-07 15:08:32

Some just do and some don't, so I was told. has to be down to incompetant stitching if you ask me grin

So once initial healing and tummy reurning to normalish is done and you have overhang then I believe you are stuck with it.

This is my experience and 2 more sections have not changed the overhang for better or worse.

Exercise, slight weight gain/loss has not changed it either sad

3andnomore Fri 28-Sep-07 15:31:17

Tangas...sometimes, incase of a bad scar, they might cut around it, removing the old scar and restitching, and that can then create a better scar....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now