Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

The Pure Package - has anyone used them?>

(3 Posts)
balancingact Fri 28-Sep-07 12:18:31

I am about 2 stone overweight (have two DCs) and just can't shift the weight. To be fair, i have a very sedentary but stressful job (i sit in the office for 85% of the time, but a stockbroker so quite stressful) and have little time for exercise - at a push i am able to do maybe 1 or 2 runs a week (20 minutes around the common).
One of the clients i talked to mentioned the Pure Package - essentially, a service where they deliver food in a cooler bag at the start of everyday (breakfast, lunch, 2 snacks and dinner) - all freshly prepared, avoids ingredients you don't like (for example, red onions) - etc etc. There are different programmes (weight loss, breastfeeding etc) - and it has won numerous awards apparently.
Has anyone used their service? It is not cheap but DH who is sick of me moaning about my weight is happy to pay for 1 month for now and see how i get on. (bargain price of £900 - i know, i know). There is a part of me that is thinking wow, that's a lot of money, but it makes the whole dieting thing so much easier with yummy food already made for me.
Would be great if somebody could say, yes, it definitely works so i wouldn't feel too bad us spending the money.....

Furball Sat 29-Sep-07 06:51:30

Sounds great but you still have to prepare food for the rest of your family though, so you are not escaping temptation. Have you tried meal planing and knowing exactly what you are going to have. It's not hard to knock up a really tasty salad for lunch that you could take in your own coolbag. Then for an evening meal you could try using This and just eat sensibly (says she who has been on a diet for god nows how long wink) And with the 860 odd quid you save you get a whole new wardrobe!

balancingact Mon 01-Oct-07 09:07:12

I know what you mean by the temptation!
My DH said, let's try it for a month then see how i get on. So first delivery tomorrow. I opted for the no dinner option and will plan to have Weight Watchers or such like soup. Today was really depressing cause i couldn't fit into my trousers which just 2 months ago fitted quite nicely. arrrrggggh.
I will have a look at that link!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now