Talk

Advanced search

Did anyone know about the link between skin tags and metabolic syndrome (and difficulty losing weight)

(8 Posts)
justanotherneighinparadise Sat 04-Jul-20 08:34:17

I randomly found this on YouTube last night. Did a quick google and it seems to be common knowledge. I really struggle to lose weight and only seem to manage it when I REALLY restrict calories. I am going to look for a diet that is geared towards metabolic syndrome. A quick look led me to Fast 800 so maybe that.

I wonder if anyone else on here has found a link between skin tags - issues with insulin resistance - struggling to lose weight?

OP’s posts: |
oohnicevase Sat 04-Jul-20 08:43:10

What height are you? I'm the same , I have to eat very little to lose weight . I have been following slimming world since April and have lost two stone through .

oohnicevase Sat 04-Jul-20 08:43:26

Meant to add I'm 5 ft

veryvery Sat 04-Jul-20 09:00:49

I think of skin tags as a symptom. Metabolic syndrome is a condition with more than one symptom, skin tags being one of them.

Exercise and a diet such as Fast 800 will tackle it / help reverse it. Any amount of exercise is better than nothing.

justanotherneighinparadise Sat 04-Jul-20 09:00:52

That’s a brilliant loss!

I’m 5ft 7. BMI 25 but really want to be a stone lighter.

OP’s posts: |
veryvery Sat 04-Jul-20 09:03:24

I had BMI of 27 and it is now 21. I've got a few small skin tags on my neck gained as I aged and out on the weight. I run everyday now and monitor what I eat through the FitBit app. It has worked.

thenewaveragebear1983 Sat 04-Jul-20 18:03:11

Blood sugar diet and fast800 thread 20 http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/fasting_diet/3950031-blood-sugar-diet-and-fast800-thread-20

Come and join our fast800 thread!

orangejuicer Sat 04-Jul-20 18:25:16

There is a link between skin tags and PCOS/insulin resistance. I can find the name of the book I've got which mentions it if you like but I think it's covered by PP.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in