Talk

Advanced search

Anyone weigh themselves daily?

(4 Posts)
Spodge Thu 25-Jun-20 18:09:51

I do and have done for years. My weight can go up or down by a couple of pounds for no calorific reason. The fluctuations are water retention caused by all the reasons previous posters have outlined.

Sherloidbaisherloid Thu 25-Jun-20 17:36:45

It’s all to do with if you’ve exercised the day before, you are dehydrated, has a big meal, need a poo! My weight fluctuates depending where in the month I am too. A week before my period I tend to get really bloated and my weight can go up by 3/4 pounds. It’s normal for weight to fluctuate, don’t worry about it smile

OneForTheRoadThen Thu 25-Jun-20 16:06:50

I do. My weight can often vary by a pound or two although I do lose overall every week.

It's not a cop out at all to say it's water weight as it more than likely is - from drinking lots of water or water retention from salty food or time or the month etc. If you are eating at a calorie deficit it either that or you need a poo!

Evileyecherry Thu 25-Jun-20 14:31:22

I find it totally bizarre and wondering if people have similar experiences.

I absolutely stick rigidly to my diet but some days I inexplicably go up a pound. It feels like a cop out to think it’s water retention or similar.

It’s so frustrating.

Weekly my weight does go down 1-2 pounds, which is normal. But these ups and downs during the week are beyond annoying.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in