Talk

Advanced search

Lardy Ladies 25th September

(14 Posts)
HeavyBee Tue 25-Sep-07 11:00:51

OK, here we go, good luck everybody! My weight has stayed the same but I'm still managing to exercise morning and evening. Anyone any good ideas for how to do this when it's dark in the mornings and I can't drag myself out of bed?

tortoise Tue 25-Sep-07 17:51:06

Right! I need to get back on this. I have a brain like a sieve and always forget to post weight on thread. I will weigh in tomorrow morning and post when i get time.

HeavyBee- What excercise do you do and how do you manage it morning and evening? i don't seem to have time or DC are in the way.grin

tortoise Wed 26-Sep-07 21:17:29

Well i am 12st exactly this week. Must try harder!
I want to find out the note book i had over a year ago which i wrote down measurements of my hips, bum, tum etc. Wonder if they have changed much.

Smalline Thu 27-Sep-07 23:36:27

No change again this week. Have managed to fit in a few exercise classes this week as well as some long fast walks. Hoping to see the results sometime soon.

HeavyBee are you exercising everyday morning and evening?

Furball Fri 28-Sep-07 07:09:37

<<furball starts whistling hoping no-one notices shes here>>

HeavyBee you are good for starting the thread, I seem to have really gone to pot lately. But on a more positive note I did remember to email the chart last week. wink

I've set myself a new goal. First it was this, then that, then holiday, now Christmas. I want to wear a slinky dress, I want to be slinky. I have bought all the right foods am going to have stir fried veggies for lunch and a smaller plate of tea. I also must get out on my bike more and thought maybe I could try to run home (1/2 mile, puff, puff) from school run and back again at home time. I've said it before and you must be wondering why oh why can't I do it, I keep harping on.

HeavyBee Fri 28-Sep-07 09:45:51

Ha! Tortoise, I knew I'd find it when I looked properly - this is the exercise as Furball described it:
Apparently if you lie down in a shallow v shape with your upper body supported by your arms bent at the elbow. Chin on chest. and your legs up at the same angle as your body, to form the v shape then do 10 circles with your legs one way then 10 the other. twice aday for 14 days and apparently you can see the difference! doesn't take a minute to do.

I can definitely say it works. At least, I am discovering tummy muscles which have probably been covered up and little used for at least the last ten years and probably nearer fifteen. I do this along with a bunch of exercises my physio told me sternly to do for my back, night & morning, every day. As sciatica hasn't hit recently maybe they are working too.

Unfortunately I am so hopeless at getting out of bed if it's dark that I fear the current virtuous habit may slip a bit soon.

HeavyBee Fri 28-Sep-07 09:49:12

Oh, I forgot. I do the exercises in the morning before I wake DDs. Then I do them before I go to bed. DDs are 7 & 9 now, though, and I couldn't have found time, energy, or organisation when they were tiny.

tortoise Fri 28-Sep-07 19:12:48

Thanks Heavybee. Just tocheck details, you circle both legs together in a circle one way then the other? Feet together? i think even i could manage that! I just need to get off my bum in the evening first. I seem to collapse once the DC are in bed.

Furball Fri 28-Sep-07 19:59:57

thats right tortoise - careful it sounds alot easier than it is

HeavyBee Mon 01-Oct-07 10:26:59

To begin with I could only manage five one way and then lie down flat and go "Aaaargh" and then do another five, and so on, but now I can do all ten one way before I stop, and sometimes even all twenty. Sometimes it's easy and sometimes it's horrid, but it's definitely working.

HeavyBee Mon 01-Oct-07 10:39:44

Furball you have all my admiration if you can manage to run home from school. It's the same distance, more or less, for me, but although I cycle or walk it every day there's no chance of me running. I could run for the bus these days though (only a hundred yards or so) so maybe by the time I'm ninety I''ll manage half a mile...

Furball Mon 01-Oct-07 14:52:08

I didn't mean runn all the way on the first attempt though Heavybee grin thought I'd work upto that.

Smalline Mon 01-Oct-07 21:39:44

I've had a thought today HeavyBee, that might keep you exercising on those dark mornings when you can't drag yourself out of bed. Take a photograph of yourself as you are now, (post exercise), then find one of yourself before you started the exercises, (pre-exercise). Stick these up somewhere nearby. On the mornings that you don't feel like exercising, just have a look at your photos to remind yourself how good you look now, or, what you could go back to if you don't continue your exerciseswink

HeavyBee Tue 02-Oct-07 09:55:29

here is this week's thread, I think...

Furball you made me giggle, I suddenly visualised us both running the first ten yards and then slowing to my usual slothful amble. Good luck with it!

Smalline, thank you, it's a good idea - if only I thought I could bear the sight of myself at all at that hour of the morning. I'll look for some half-way decent pictures, though, and there are certainly some podgy ones. DH is impressed and says so and I find that also helps to get me moving.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now